Bought a new gas can

Threads
I just bought a new gas can because the 20 year old one I have started to leak around the cap. It's the 2.5 gallon No-Spill can I just bought. I like it! The button that starts/stops the flow of gas seems to work well, the only thing that I don't like is that it doesn't vent automatically so before you pour the gas you have to hold in the button to release the pressure.

27123.jpg

Nwatson99

Threads
Exactly correct with releasing the pressure before you pour, but those cans work. I have (2) of the 2.5 gallon and (1) 5 gallon can and these are the only cans I can honestly say I like since Blitz went out of business and the No-Spill cans really work as advertised.
Neighbor bought (2) new B&S cans (1) Diesel and (1) Gas and I told him if the spouts for the Blitz cans would work on those cans for him to get rid of those junk nozzles and replace them with the Blitz nozzles, he was pouring diesel into his tractor this week and the B&S nozzle leaked diesel all over the top of his tractor, so he removes the nozzle and direct poured into his tank.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just bought a new gas can because the 20 year old one I have started to leak around the cap. It's the 2.5 gallon No-Spill can I just bought. I like it! The button that starts/stops the flow of gas seems to work well, the only thing that I don't like is that it doesn't vent automatically so before you pour the gas you have to hold in the button to release the pressure.

I have two of these cans. One is a 2.5 and one is 1.25 I have had great success with them.

Zeroturner

Threads
Rather than having to be an engineer to operate the plastic gas can, I'd like to buy the old style metal type - even if they do cost more.

However, I no longer see them for sale...

redmondjp

Threads
Rather than having to be an engineer to operate the plastic gas can, I'd like to buy the old style metal type - even if they do cost more.

However, I no longer see them for sale...
Yard/estate sales, second-hand stores, Craigslist, and Ebay. I've been stocking up on the old metal ones and think I'm set up until I croak . . .

What bothers me the most about the new cans is the lack of a vent - I had one which got some morning sun and it swelled up like a bee sting allergy!

gfp55

Threads
I think thats the idea so they don't release hydrocarbons, and they are C.A.R.B. compliant. I have four 5 gallon, one 2 1/2 gallon containers.

D

DJlawnboy

Rather than having to be an engineer to operate the plastic gas can, I'd like to buy the old style metal type - even if they do cost more. However, I no longer see them for sale...
Sorry lol you need to be a engineer to push a button?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the swelling problem also with my Scepter gas can. Sometimes it swells up real bad or it sucks itself in so bad that it cracks.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I got a couple of them last year. They are now out back covered with weeds.

I went back to my old cans with coke bottles over the spout and a sponge.

The second time that I pushed the button and gas sprayed out a threw them out back.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ya I hate those things. I like my little yellow spout with cap and a vent on the rear with cap. I use a 2 gallon one and a one gallon of that type. And a 2 gallon with the blitz spout.

For the auto vent just take a 1/32 drill bit and drill a tiny hole it vents enough and isn't big enough to leak