Bought a new gas can

Threads
I would have kept my old gas can but it started to leak around the cap when you would pour it. So I HAD to buy a new one. I am happy with it, and can live with the few cons it has. I think it is one of the better ones that they make today. I looked at the gas cans at Home Depot and Lowes and they were worse. And they had 2-star reviews.

Blaine B.

Threads
You can add a vent using a wheel/tire valve stem with the core removed. Saw a video on YouTube describing how to do it.

To close the vent you simply tighten the dust cover cap. To open the vent, just slightly loosen the dust cover cap.

I'm still using old style plastic gas cans. They leak sometimes. Oh well.

plumtree

Forum Newbie
Threads
like all new gas cans, spout seems a little problematic to me. But I guess it's one of the better ones.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm still using my Blitz cans. No complaints. Winter I make sure they are empty, & I just put the caps on, but not locked & put a baggie over the end with gum band,

This way the can won't crumple up on colder nights.

Lawn Addict
Threads

Dadillac

Threads
Nothing about that can lists that it is safe for gasoline. Other than this:

It is NOT a portable fuel container as described by ASTM, EPA, ARB or other state or federal agencies. Intended for racing fuel only; not to be used for street legal fuels.

That's because they have to write that. To be legal a gas can needs to be red, have gasoline written or molded on it, and have the stupid no spill type spout. Due to the fact that this gas can doesn't meet those requirements they need to state that it is not for gasoline. That does not mean that it isn't good for gas.

Don

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nothing about that can lists that it is safe for gasoline. Other than this:

It is NOT a portable fuel container as described by ASTM, EPA, ARB or other state or federal agencies. Intended for racing fuel only; not to be used for street legal fuels.

Do YOU ....... really give a schitt ?? Beats the hell outa tryin to dick-around with those B/S no-spill PITA's !!

Can of red spray paint and some fake stickers ...... use UR imagination ( goody-goody 2 shoes )

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW I need to keep way too many fuel mixes in the workshop and all of them are in old oil bottles.
Why ?
Because they fit nice between the sliding loading door & the step in the back of the van so 5 x 5 L bottles in different colours sit on the steps.
In the workshop there are 10 x 10 litre oil bottles full of fuel which I rotate to keep the fuel fresh.
At the moment only 1 has fuel in it cause business is a bit slow with the drought.
And yes in the workshop, they and the bulk spray cans are all in the fire safe.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can add a vent using a wheel/tire valve stem with the core removed. Saw a video on YouTube describing how to do it.

To close the vent you simply tighten the dust cover cap. To open the vent, just slightly loosen the dust cover cap.

I'm still using old style plastic gas cans. They leak sometimes. Oh well.

Here's THAT video......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI&t=15s