Buying Advice Looking to buy new Gravely ZT XL 54" -which engine? (Kawasaki FR or Kohler 7000 Pro?)

alteredz

Threads
  • / Looking to buy new Gravely ZT XL 54" -which engine? (Kawasaki FR or Kohler 7000 Pro?)
Re: Looking to buy new Gravely ZT XL 54" -which engine? (Kawasaki FR or Kohler 7000 P

Called and sealed the deal on the ZT HD 60 with the Kawasaki 24HP engine this morning. Without askiing, HE offered to go down to $5000 (instead of $5199 "discounted" price). Since I'm using the 0% financing and I know they take a hit on that, my offer was going to be $5000. He did mention that's as far down as he could go when I told him he didn't give me the opportunity to deal (jokingly). He laughed. Well, I'm not a dealer and I got my price, so no worries I suppose.

I'll probably have it in a couple of days! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

acacia987

Threads
  • / Looking to buy new Gravely ZT XL 54" -which engine? (Kawasaki FR or Kohler 7000 Pro?)
Re: Looking to buy new Gravely ZT XL 54" -which engine? (Kawasaki FR or Kohler 7000 P

From my understanding the only reason the Kohler was offered in some of the gravely ZTR's was a kawasaki shortage a couple months ago. So the kawasaki was a better choice. I also live in MD, but opted the hour drive to delaware to skip taxes on my pro turn 60 i picked up last night.

alteredz

Threads

From my understanding the only reason the Kohler was offered in some of the gravely ZTR's was a kawasaki shortage a couple months ago. So the kawasaki was a better choice. I also live in MD, but opted the hour drive to delaware to skip taxes on my pro turn 60 i picked up last night.

I hadn't heard that about the reason for the Koehler's introduction to the line.

Congrats on the Pro Turn! You saved hundreds not paying OWE-Malley. You must have a trailer or something - nice!

acacia987

Threads

I hadn't heard that about the reason for the Koehler's introduction to the line.
when i asked the dealer about the zthd with the kohler they had to look it up. When they called gravely about it they only had 3 zthd60s with the Kohler and didn't even recommend them now that the kawasaki's were back in stock.The dealer was also very much against that engine in the zthd.

Congrats on the Pro Turn! You saved hundreds not paying OWE-Malley. You must have a trailer or something - nice!
borrowed one from a family member, gas and tolls cost about $46 , saved about $320

alteredz

Threads

The ZT HD 60 with Kawasaki FR730 engine was delivered Friday. I just got done cutting the grass - what used to take almost 2 hours took possibly 40 minutes.
Very nice mower! I think I need to fill in ruts and holes a bit - running this fast over the yard while cutting is pretty jarring. :)

Thanks everyone for their help!

zthd60-frtqtr.jpg

acacia987

Threads

I think I need to fill in ruts and holes a bit - running this fast over the yard while cutting is pretty jarring. :)

Thanks everyone for their help!

View attachment 22679

gravely does offer a suspension insert that fits between the seat and the frame. You can also find it through other sellers/ebay for cheaper. I am still looking into how much it actually helps, but it may be something to look into.

alteredz

Threads

gravely does offer a suspension insert that fits between the seat and the frame. You can also find it through other sellers/ebay for cheaper. I am still looking into how much it actually helps, but it may be something to look into.

Yeah, I know about that seat insert. But I don't want the seat any higher. I think some landscaping is in order. It would help with some scalping issues over these areas as well.

Thanks for the input!

I'm thinking I will be making my own "operator controlled chute baffle kit". But I want mine to also allow me to flip up the baffle while seated - so that you could get close to things on the right side and so that I could put the tractor in the shed without having to remove the baffle!

1striper1

Threads

Good engine choice!

revkev

Forum Newbie
Threads

(Semper Fi! My son is in his second year now with 2/8, as a 60mm Mortarman, stationed in Camp Lejeune.)[/QUOTE]

Ooh Rah on the Marine! I was in K3/2 (1983-1985). 60 MM Mortars!