Best Trimmer Line?

X-man

Threads
I run .080 line. Thickest my trimmer will take :(

Wildcat

Threads
I use either .95 Echo Crossfire or .95 Shakespeare Ugly Line (Shop Shakespeare Trimmer Line .095 UGLY Line 3 lb. Spool at Lowes.com).

I've noticed that the Crossfire is a bit softer than the Ugly Line but it cuts grass better. The only thing I don't like about Crossfire and it has been mentioned, it leaves little orange pieces when you feed more line.

I've also used a brand called Universal Trimmer Line from Wallyworld and it worked very well.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I use either .95 Echo Crossfire or .95 Shakespeare Ugly Line (Shop Shakespeare Trimmer Line .095 UGLY Line 3 lb. Spool at Lowes.com).

I've noticed that the Crossfire is a bit softer than the Ugly Line but it cuts grass better. The only thing I don't like about Crossfire and it has been mentioned, it leaves little orange pieces when you feed more line.

I've also used a brand called Universal Trimmer Line from Wallyworld and it worked very well.

I've used the Genuine Factory Parts .095 inch line from Lowe's and the thing I don't like about it is the same thing people are saying about Echo Crossfire-- leaves orange pieces when you feed more line.

I have never used Skakespeare trimmer line. Does it have a clean cut?

Link to GFP line: Shop Troy-Bilt 80-ft Spool 0.095-in Trimmer Line at Lowes.com

Wildcat

Threads
I've used the Genuine Factory Parts .095 inch line from Lowe's and the thing I don't like about it is the same thing people are saying about Echo Crossfire-- leaves orange pieces when you feed more line.

I have never used Skakespeare trimmer line. Does it have a clean cut?

Link to GFP line: Shop Troy-Bilt 80-ft Spool 0.095-in Trimmer Line at Lowes.com

Its definitely a heavier string. We have two trimmers each setup with different line. Reason being is we use the Crossfire around the house and the Ugly Line around fences and on driveways that have grass growing out of them. It seems that the Ugly Line last longer than the Crossfire regardless of use though. If I had to suggest one, I think it would be the Ugly Line. The cut may not be as great as the Crossfire but I think durability out weights that.

As for your GFP line, never heard of it. If I read the description right, its pre-cut 20' pieces, about the only thing that sounds good about it.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Its definitely a heavier string. We have two trimmers each setup with different line. Reason being is we use the Crossfire around the house and the Ugly Line around fences and on driveways that have grass growing out of them. It seems that the Ugly Line last longer than the Crossfire regardless of use though. If I had to suggest one, I think it would be the Ugly Line. The cut may not be as great as the Crossfire but I think durability out weights that.

Yeah a durable line is good around fences, foundations, rock walls, mailboxes, etc. A softer line wouldn't hold up as well.

Parkmower

Threads
Lesco .095 square string. 5lb spool for 39.99 at JD landscapes. We've tried numerous different strings with no real stand out. We go thru about
Two or three 5lb spools so we buy whatever. Been buying the Stihl green stuff just cause i frequent that shop.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Lesco .095 square string. 5lb spool for 39.99 at JD landscapes. We've tried numerous different strings with no real stand out. We go thru about
Two or three 5lb spools so we buy whatever. Been buying the Stihl green stuff just cause i frequent that shop.

I've never heard of JD Landscapes. Is this an online store, or is it a regional thing?

Parkmower

Threads
I've never heard of JD Landscapes. Is this an online store, or is it a regional thing?

John Deere landscapes bought out lesco. So all lesco stores are now called John Deere landscapes. We mainly buy our pesticides and fertilizers from them.
A lot of the products still say lesco, not sure if that will be fazed out or not

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
John Deere landscapes bought out lesco. So all lesco stores are now called John Deere landscapes. We mainly buy our pesticides and fertilizers from them.
A lot of the products still say lesco, not sure if that will be fazed out or not

I really don't have any type of JD equipment, I don't even go to their stores. I think they're overpriced, even though they are dependable.