Trimmer Line

sjessen

Threads
They are probably marketing a cheaper line for more sales or it is more profitable. One other possibility for the sticking issue: Had the same problem with a Redmax trimmer and found out is was mostly my fault. I was winding the line too tight trying to get more line on the spool.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
DSCN6251.jpg
Here is the other chart, their pic uploader is working just a little better this morning. Yeah, the cheaper stuff is just $1 less per roll, so why they even bothered bringing out a cheaper line is a mystery.

As I said earlier, the original better line was colorcoded according to diameter, the cheap stuff is all green.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
View attachment 22519
Here is the other chart, their pic uploader is working just a little better this morning. Yeah, the cheaper stuff is just $1 less per roll, so why they even bothered bringing out a cheaper line is a mystery.

As I said earlier, the original better line was colorcoded according to diameter, the cheap stuff is all green.

You keep saying the cheap stuff is all green and that's not necessarily correct, it's the lightest Diameter true and they bring it out or sell it because the trimmers all don't or are not able to use the heavier stuff or larger sizes of line. Trimmers like Weedeater or Homelite and the like use line diameters starting at .065 up to .080 because of there output shaft speeds which determine what size line or tool/ accessories there able to use. The Stihl C-25-2 auto feed head only takes up to .095 size.

attachment.php

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
DSCN6252.jpg

No, this is the cheaper stuff here, it is all green colored, no matter what diameter. Their premium line is the color coded stuff,
.095 is orange.