want to build a zero turn rider mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not happy with all the different rider mowers I've seen or used. So I've decided to try and build one from scratch with NO BELTS hydraulic motors to run blades and trans-axle. Plan to make it a 0 turn also. anyone else done this already?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not happy with all the different rider mowers I've seen or used. So I've decided to try and build one from scratch with NO BELTS hydraulic motors to run blades and trans-axle. Plan to make it a 0 turn also. anyone else done this already?

Don't know about hydraulic drive deck mowers, but there are several out there that are shaft driven.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hydro drive decks are the best.

You are going to need a engine that you can mount two hydro pumps to.
One to run the deck motors and one to run the wheel motors.
A 5 gallon tank and a cooler.

You can look at some toro industrial mowers to get some. ideas

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
My grandmother owns a deweze ATM that we use for her pond bank. It has a hydraulic deck. Really cool mower. It is a two wheel tractor with a mower deck under it. It tilts to one side when you mow a slope to keep the driver vertical.

Parkmower

Threads
My jacobsens run hydraulic decks and 4 individual wheel motors. They are the bees knees. Of course powered by a 28 hp Kubota diesel.

jtant

Forum Newbie
Threads

This might not be exactly what you are looking for but I built a Zero Turn mower using two standard riding mowers. One was a 185 hydro John Deere which I used the 18.5 engine and the hydro static transmission. The other was a cubcadet which i used the hydrostatic transmission and 50 inch mower deck. I placed the transmissions over lapping and locked the inner axles because of the differential. the handles are from a push mower and the frame is built out of junk square tubing.

I use it to cut my yard and my family. It works great and handles just like a zero turn.

You can check it out on youtube https://youtu.be/LL_vinOd4uE

The first one I built was a proof of concept and I working on a new one that will have step by step video and an instructable.