Grass Catcher for Tiger Cat 61"

Pedidoc22

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am going to buy a grass catcher for my Scag.
Does anyone have a recommendation?
Triple Bag Collection System or the "CS" Grass Collection System
Dump-from-The-Seat Catcher

Thanks

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The triple bag option give you the most versatility. You can remove each bag and dump them where you want, however bear in mind that each bag when full can weigh up to 40LBS. With the clam shell system, the only option that you have is to dump where you can get the machine into and out of. Grass clippings when dumped on the ground stay soft for a long time and you can get the machine stuck very easily.
With both systems, the collection blower mounts on the discharge port of the deck. It can easily be removed and the plastic chute installed when you choose to not use the collection system. Both collection systems include a different baffle configuration under the deck, front mounted weights, the collection blower which is driven by V belt from the R/H deck spindle, an 8" diameter flex hose, and either the triple bag or clam shell on the rear.
I have the triple bag system on my Tiger Cub and I use it about 80% of my mowing time. At all of the places that I mow, I stop the machine on a solid area, remove the bags and carry them for 15' to 30' and dump them. I wear a dust mask, goggles, a hat and hearing protection as ZTRs are dusty by nature and the collection system makes them worse. The last time that I checked the price on a triple bag system it was $2,500 plus tax and installation, so do your homework, make an educated decision and keep in mind that the blower makes the machine about 9" wider and a lot noisier!!!
Just some thoughts
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Pedidoc22

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have 2.5 acres I cut regularly. I have a lot of trees. I need a leaf management system. Any other recs besides using the Scag? It seemed the best option for me at this point.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
As you already have a Tiger Cat, your best option is with a Scag collection system. This would be the most effective and compact setup on your 61" Tiger Cat. Leaves are chopped up into little pieces, the blower draws on the deck output and forcefully blows them into the bags. The capacity of each bag is 4 1/3 bushels. Pine needles will get picked up easily, but don't get chopped up very much. In one fall cleanup, I have picked up 250 bushels on mixed grass, leaves and pine needles from a customers 1 acre lot. I also have a JRCO 46" front mounted tine dethatcher, the bracket for which mounts around the front mounted collection system weights. This is a great tool to both dethatch and for spring and fall cleanup. It dethatches and the collection system cleans up the thatch.