Craftsmen Pressure washers

pghbill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Zep chemicals have a warning to only use in pressure washers that add the chemicals to the water down stream ( past the pump ). I called Sears and after much checking they said theirs were up stream ( mixed in the pump). Since Home Depot etc only sell Zep and none of the other brands of pressure washer specify where they mix the cleaner with water, is it safe to use in a craftsmen, I always run clean water to clean it out when I finish?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I haven't seen an upstream pump in years. I suspect Sears has no clue what they are talking about. If the soap injector is right next to where the high pressure hose connect that is down stream injection. If it is next to the garden hose connector then that is upstream.

Wildcat

Threads
I have just resurrected a Craftsman 2150 PSI Clean and Carry the other day with a 4HP Briggs. I had to replace all the O-rings in the pump, flush the fuel tank, fuel lines and carb. Once I got everything hooked back up it started within three pulls. To bad the hose was torn up, I haven't been able to check the pressure yet but I think it should be right on the money.

As for the Zep....I'm not really sure. The only reasoning I can come up with as to why they want it added downstream is that there is something in the product that may deteriorate O-rings in the pump. I would error on the side of caution and invest in something that can add the Zep upstream so you don't mess anything up inside the pump.

pghbill

Forum Newbie
Threads
soap injector has a connector going into the pump. The soap manufacturers recommend applying with low pressure. So I use a garden spray hand pump to apply the soap then use a high pressure nozzle to rinse it off.