New Riding Tractor Recommendations

jrc1

Threads
Can anyone recommend a good lawn tractor in the 46" to 48" cut range. I don't want to spend any more than $1500 but want a good dependable mower. Main purpose of this mower is a backup for my main mower which is a Hustler FasTrak 48" . It is in the shop right now and I need another mower soon. Been checking the papers for used but haven't found anything I'm mowing about 2 acres. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

RetiredGuns

Threads
That's a decent budget for a used tractor. I just sold my 9 year old Cub Cadet for $700 on Craigslist. Guy saw the add, called me and bought the mower all within 30 minutes. 2 acres is a fair amount to cut on a slow tractor, but you should be able to find something for that price. You try Craigslist?

jrc1

Threads
Yes I've been watching Craig's list every day, but the quality of mower being listed isn't very good. It's hard to find a good used mower and I'm not quite sure what I should look for as far as warning signs go. Uneven cut would be easy to see but what about the engine. That's some of my concerns about buying used.

jrc1

Threads
I stopped by Home Depot this afternoon and looked at their Ariens A20VA46 46inch 20HP V Twin with Briggs and Stratton engine. A new one is $1399 but they had a few refurbished new ones for $980 with full warranty. Is this a good deal and is this a good mower? This mower has a 4.5 out of 5 review on the Home Depot website. Any idea if this is a good deal. I'd appreciate any feed back. I just need a dependable spare rider. Thanks

jrc1

Threads
Just to let everyone know I went back to Home Depot this morning and got that 20HP V-Twin Briggs and Stratton Ariens 46" automatic lawn tractor. When the sales clerk looked the SKU number up it said new mower and it was $1399. I said no that the sales clerk had told me yesterday that it was a refurb. and was $980 with full warranty. I called the dept. manager to the front desk and he looked at the mower and said it is new, a lady had bought it and brought it back two days later not used. He said she didn't know what she wanted. I reminded him the clerk yesterday said $980 and he looked it up and because it was a return (even though not used) the price was $909. I said great that saves me about $70. I always use a 10% off Lowes coupon at both Lowes and Home Depot and that gave me another $90 off. I don't figure I did bad getting a brand new $1399 mower for $819. I have to say it mows real good, but it's not as fast as my Hustler Fastrak. This will be a spare mower for me since my Hustler is in the shop and I've got yards to mow.

RetiredGuns

Threads
I'd say you did pretty darn good. That's about the price for 1 ZT3100 transaxle.

mk3wagen

Threads
Just to let everyone know I went back to Home Depot this morning and got that 20HP V-Twin Briggs and Stratton Ariens 46" automatic lawn tractor. When the sales clerk looked the SKU number up it said new mower and it was $1399. I said no that the sales clerk had told me yesterday that it was a refurb. and was $980 with full warranty. I called the dept. manager to the front desk and he looked at the mower and said it is new, a lady had bought it and brought it back two days later not used. He said she didn't know what she wanted. I reminded him the clerk yesterday said $980 and he looked it up and because it was a return (even though not used) the price was $909. I said great that saves me about $70. I always use a 10% off Lowes coupon at both Lowes and Home Depot and that gave me another $90 off. I don't figure I did bad getting a brand new $1399 mower for $819. I have to say it mows real good, but it's not as fast as my Hustler Fastrak. This will be a spare mower for me since my Hustler is in the shop and I've got yards to mow.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the 10% off coupon for Home Depot? TIA