My 50" 3-Blade Exmark Quest ztr leaves uncut grass where the blades meet...

RCPlains

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / My 50" 3-Blade Exmark Quest ztr leaves uncut grass where the blades meet...
It's done it from day one...had the blades professionally sharpened and it didn't seem to make much difference...going painfully slow doesn't seem to help much. To get a good cut at 2.5 inches I have to go over my lawn 3 times. Are there aftermarket blades you can get that don't leave a trail of grass where the blades meet?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
From day 1? You bought the mower new? Does it with a brand new set of blades? What rpm are you cutting at?

RCPlains

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, I bought it new...i cut at full throttle, per the manual...

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
So you have a dealer that's memorized the " that's normal " fraze ?

RCPlains

Forum Newbie
Threads
Indeed!...lol!!!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK, how old is it? Did you call the dealer? Most folks would be hot!!!!

Hopefully you have some record of posting a complaint.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's done it from day one...had the blades professionally sharpened and it didn't seem to make much difference...going painfully slow doesn't seem to help much. To get a good cut at 2.5 inches I have to go over my lawn 3 times. Are there aftermarket blades you can get that don't leave a trail of grass where the blades meet?

I posted a reply to your comment in the Welcome To The Exmark Forum thread. You stated that the engine was overheating when you cut tall grass. My earlier response referred to the "1/3 rule"(never cut more than 1/3 the total height). After reading your comment about the uncut blades of grass I'm still thinking that part of your problem is letting the grass get too tall before mowing. If you are allowing the grass to get 5"-6" tall and cutting it at 2.5" that could very well cause the problem you are describing here.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I posted a reply to your comment in the Welcome To The Exmark Forum thread. You stated that the engine was overheating when you cut tall grass. My earlier response referred to the "1/3 rule"(never cut more than 1/3 the total height). After reading your comment about the uncut blades of grass I'm still thinking that part of your problem is letting the grass get too tall before mowing. If you are allowing the grass to get 5"-6" tall and cutting it at 2.5" that could very well cause the problem you are describing here.

I agree if you let the grass get too tall. How fast are you going when mowing, and are you mowing on even ground?

RCPlains

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's a 2012...bought it new in 2013...i replaced all 3 blades...much better now...you still have to slow way down if the grass has any height at all but it's not leaving a row of grass where the blades meet...the blades were in worse shape than I realized...still not totally happy with my $4,000 lawnmower...i guess you have to get a commercial grade zero turn to be able to mow fast & get a good cut!