New from Tennessee

Big-Al

Threads
Hello new to the forum. Just bought a new Hustler Raptor sd. Wanna pick up on tips to take care of my investment. 12 seasons with my craftsman was getting a little worn out. Hopefully I'll get at least 15 or more with the hustler. Mowers in east TN have a hard life here you can see the grass grow here and have to mow about every 5 days. AL from TN

gfp55

Threads
Hello new to the forum. Just bought a new Hustler Raptor sd. Wanna pick up on tips to take care of my investment. 12 seasons with my craftsman was getting a little worn out. Hopefully I'll get at least 15 or more with the hustler. Mowers in east TN have a hard life here you can see the grass grow here and have to mow about every 5 days. AL from TN
Hey Al Welcome You should be able to get lots of tips here as there are a number of folks here that have Hustler Raptor's. You may what to check out RetiredGuns thread Raptor add-ons. He done things to his to upgrade it, very nicely done. I hope you get many years out of your machine. Maybe you could post some pictures of your baby?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Welcome to the forum fellow Tennessean...and congrats on the new Hustler!!!

Big-Al

Threads
Thanks for the welcome. Bought my mower Fri and it's been pouring rain every day. Maybe I'll get to mow Wed or Thurs it's supposed to rain into Tuesday. Let you know how it performs in knee high grass as its already 4 1/2 inch high now. AL

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello! Welcome to LawnWorld.

:welcome:

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

Welcome from another member from tennessee (west tennessee). If you got 12 years out of a craftsman you should have no trouble getting 15 to 20 years out of the raptor sd. Sounds like you already know how to take care of a mower. You should be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the cut from that mower.

Big-Al

Threads
Thanks and I did get to mow Thursday. Was very impressed with the Raptor sd. Grass was pretty high from rains and there was no clumping . The mower feels very solid and the kawasaki engine has plenty of power. My mow time was cut from 4 1/2 hrs to 2.1. As for how long it last time will tell. I'll keep my oil and filters changed, blades sharp. AL

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks and I did get to mow Thursday. Was very impressed with the Raptor sd. Grass was pretty high from rains and there was no clumping . The mower feels very solid and the kawasaki engine has plenty of power. My mow time was cut from 4 1/2 hrs to 2.1. As for how long it last time will tell. I'll keep my oil and filters changed, blades sharp. AL

The raptor sd is a high end residential mower with a commercial deck. Kawi engines are great as well. 15 years should be no problem, unless you start mowing a lot of other yards. You will get faster every time you mow. I bet you will get it under two hours the next time you get out there.