Prrescription costs-RIPOFF

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here's another facet:

You go to the hospital.

If you have no health insurance, you pay x. If you have insurance, and the deductable is met, they charge an insurance company y, which is usually twice x. Said insurance company will refuse to pay, and haggle the price down to z, which is usually much cheaper than x. Yet, you cannot dispute the price they charge w/o health insurance. WTF?

Sent from my WX445 using LMF

Bison

Threads
I always get a laugh whenever I debate someone on health care problems in the U.S. They will often claim that "America has the best health care in the world!" When you counter this claim, they respond - "when rich people around the world need medical care, they come to the U.S.!" That's when I consider the debate over, since they've pretty much made my argument for me.

By any measure related to delivery of healthcare, we rank at or near the bottom of all developed countries (unless you measure in terms of cost, in which case we are "NUMBER ONE - woo-hoo!!")In a purely market-driven, fee-for-service system, we have to expect these kinds of issues. Hey, if you're in a situation where you've got a co-pay for your medication, count your blessings.
Ain't any different here in Canada.

Granted,the health care is free ,but it is slower than sh!t trough a funnel,by the time between making and going to a doctors appointment you're either dead or 5 yrs older.:rolleyes:
The only time you get help fast is when they cart you to ER
If you're still able to walk in,take food for 14 day's and your sleeping bag along.
If one need help fast one needs to go to a private clinic.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just think, we all agree everything concerning healthcare costs too much.

So, the people blame the RX companies. The RX companies blame the doctors. The doctors blame the [liability] insurance companies. The insurance companies blame the lawyers. The lawyers blame the politicians. The politicians promise to do something about it, so they in turn blame the people and regulate or tax something else.

On and on the endless circle turns round.......

When maybe, just MAYBE - It's a little bit of everyone's fault!!

mystreba

Threads
Ain't any different here in Canada.

Granted,the health care is free ,but it is slower than sh!t trough a funnel,by the time between making and going to a doctors appointment you're either dead or 5 yrs older.:rolleyes:
The only time you get help fast is when they cart you to ER
If you're still able to walk in,take food for 14 day's and your sleeping bag along.
If one need help fast one needs to go to a private clinic.

No solution is perfect, but ALL Canadians have health care, and at a fraction of the cost of our health care (measured in terms of individual procedures, or in total as % of GDP). I'm curious about your statement that if you need help fast you can go to a private clinic. Can you just go to a private clinic and pay (either out-of-pocket or with supplemental insurance) for a procedure that is COVERED under the national health plan?

ps - Thanks, Tommy Douglas and Saskatchewan, for bringing us Medicare!

173abn

Threads
Me being a vet. I get my drugs at the V.A. I take two for a service connection and they are free to me.I take several others that are not service connected and the co-pay is $8.00 a script. as a side note do you all know why the price of gas is going up and up?It's not because there is a shortage but because speculators on wall street are driving up the price.It really ticks me off that our govt. allows this to happen especially when we the taxpayers bailed these crooks out.one day the middle class will cease to exist then watch out....russ

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
.......one day the middle class will cease to exist then watch out....russ

Really? Look around - it's almost vanished. What do you hear? Blowin in the wind. Just wind blowin in the wind. A tea party protest. Big whoop. A union protest. Yawn. Cairo? Never happen here....we're all to flippin complacent. We'll just continue to take it like we always have. Talk and take it, talk and take it....just a bunch of words without actions. Maybe we'll hold a sign or two, and have a big protest....but what does that do? Nothing. Never see revolution here, no matter how bad it gets.

My two cents on that.

mystreba

Threads
one day the middle class will cease to exist then watch out....russ

Based on 2008 data, the bottom 90% of taxpayers in the U.S. have $1.01 for every dollar they had back in 1980 - a 1% increase. The top 1% of tax-payers have almost $4 for every dollar they had back in 1980 - a 300% increase. Income growth is even more hyper-concentrated in the top 1/10 of 1% of taxpayers.

So yeah, cutting taxes for the rich is working out real well for a couple hundred thousand people. Wish I were one of them.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Based on 2008 data, the bottom 90% of taxpayers in the U.S. have $1.01 for every dollar they had back in 1980 - a 1% increase. The top 1% of tax-payers have almost $4 for every dollar they had back in 1980 - a 300% increase. Income growth is even more hyper-concentrated in the top 1/10 of 1% of taxpayers.

So yeah, cutting taxes for the rich is working out real well for a couple hundred thousand people. Wish I were one of them.

Yeah, and what does $1.01 today buy versus $1 in 1980?

Seems the rich have just kept up with inflation, while the rest of us keep getting poorer. But, we don't notice - because thanks to imports, it doesn't seem like we lost anything. Stuff is still cheap......making it seem like we are doing pretty well - but we aren't. We just aren't. We made a deal with the Devil with the trade agreement with China - our comfort level would rise, but it would slowly but surely eat every American blue collar job in sight.

So Americans don't have to face America's biggest fear......reality.

173abn

Threads
well twall,back in 1968 I joined the US Army cause I was going to get drafted anyway.I was trained to be infantry,I then went Airborne and then I went on to Ft.Bragg to become SpecialForces known by laymen as a GreenBeret,I survied Vietnam serving in the 173abn.I reckon uncle sam trained me pretty dang good and the V.C. and N.V.A. gave me a degree in Surviveablity.When the time comes that I'll no longer be able to pay my property taxes or feed my face then watch out.There's more of use out there that are getting pretty fed up with the crooks running or shall I say ruining this country than you might think....russ

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
well twall,back in 1968 I joined the US Army cause I was going to get drafted anyway.I was trained to be infantry,I then went Airborne and then I went on to Ft.Bragg to become SpecialForces known by laymen as a GreenBeret,I survied Vietnam serving in the 173abn.I reckon uncle sam trained me pretty dang good and the V.C. and N.V.A. gave me a degree in Surviveablity.When the time comes that I'll no longer be able to pay my property taxes or feed my face then watch out.There's more of use out there that are getting pretty fed up with the crooks running or shall I say ruining this country than you might think....russ

We can't wait till it's too late to act. Props to you as a serviceman.....once it tips a certain point, revolt is the only answer.....I don't want it to come to that....but nobody seems to be letting these clowns know who is boss....WE, the citizens, are homeland defense. Defending our freedoms? We need to do a bit more of that here at home.....and it's time. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sometimes things need to get uncivil to get things done these days.....