Best trimmer at around 200 or less?

rwdague

Forum Newbie
Threads
Home Depot & Ace may match the ECHO dealer price, but who will service or repair the equipment if or when needed? Home Depot & Ace will advise you to go to the ECHO dealer that offered you a better price to begin with. Now, instead of getting the priority service that is given for dealer sold eguipment, you will be put on a waiting list. At our shop there is a 2-3wk wait if it wasn't purchased from us. That dealer service is worth more than the $20 you might save at the box stores.

Vanousb

Threads
Decided to take a chance and went with a Honda HHT25SLTA 4 cycle trimmer....

Cool story...
A guy I know who services commercial lawn crew trimmers/blowers/etc for a living purchased 2 like Honda HHT25SLTA 4 cycle trimmers and 2 husq 224Ls trimmers that were returned to home depot. Turns out the hondas were returned due to having weight more than expected and an idle needed adjustment. How would I kow...the box the honda was shipped in had the name of the person who returned it. I contacted and asked.

Long story short...I bought form him one of the honda HHT25SLTA trimmers with a speed feed head he added. It is as good as "New" condition and was totally serviced (oil added, idle adjusted, totally check over) by guy who is trusted to service lawn professionals equipment...absolutely flawless and still in the box it shipped in originally for $200.00 even. Retails between 329.00 to 359.00 plus tax and another 30 for the speed feed head with extra gator line to boot.

Have used it for two weeks now...No issues what so ever. I have turned it in any position with no hesitation in running. Weight to me is not an issue at all. I do use the shoulder harness. 4-cycle means no mixing gas and oil. Runs on first pull (which my 7 year old daughter can do). Quiet. Wow...very quiet. An the power to me is impressive.

Oh yea...he is keeping the other honda for himself and after servicing the two Husq 224Ls, he is sending them to south america as part of a mission trip.

To add a little more to the story...I let him know I was upgrading my lawn equipment this year with mower, trimmer, etc, and was looking for a good leaf blower. He had two personal blowers (a Mikita he used and an Echo PB500H he bought as backup (used twice in great condition). Ended up buying the Echo PB500H.

kblackmer100

Threads
husqvarna 322L

It's a little more than $200 but the Husqvarna 322L is a great buy, great power, weighs like 9 lbs, soft trigger and just solid. I have had two of them and wore the first one out, love it.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
About a month ago I bought a 58 volt battery string trimmer, blower, and chainsaw. I have had excellent results with them. I don’t honestly see myself going back to gas units.

kblackmer100

Threads
the battery operated equipment does have its place for sure I use the battery operated on some projects and then my gas on the majority of others but I definitely like having the battery equipment when I need it.

HDCowboy42

Forum Newbie
Threads
Probably about 6 months ago I bought a Kobalt 80 Volt trimmer at Lowes for $199 and an extra battery on Ebay for $32 and I don't think I'll ever go back either! Its just as strong as my Stihl was and no more messing with mixing gas or messing with carbs! I can trim the fence line on my acre with 2 batteries and charging them with the included fast charger don't take but 30 minutes. I also have an older 40 Volt Kobalt blower I use for blowing the driveway and I wont ever go back to a gasoline one of those either.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shindaiwa T235, solid shaft drive, & 20" cut, or 18" if you turn the line cutter around, which is what I did on mine. :thumbsup:

SidecarFlip

Threads
I've gone through a few trimmers and the best so far (by a mile) is a Tanaka. Never had such a nice engine. Little tougher to find though.
Good chainsaws too. Tanaka is actually Makita. Just made in Korea instead of Japan.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good chainsaws too. Tanaka is actually Makita. Just made in Korea instead of Japan.

Sure about that ?
Makita was a company like Ryobi that designed tool but got some one else to make them
Hitashi bought Tanaka in 2010
Metabo- Hitashi merged in 2014 but were run as separate entities with a common research facility.
Apparently a private equity company bought out Hitashi Power Equipment in 2016.
Ultimately every company on the planet will either be a struggeling small family business or owned by one of the massively wealthy USA-Saudi private equity groups.
It is private equity companies that actually control world economics, not world banks and definately not governments.
But we are getting way off mowers.

SidecarFlip

Threads
Sure about that ?
Makita was a company like Ryobi that designed tool but got some one else to make them
Hitashi bought Tanaka in 2010
Metabo- Hitashi merged in 2014 but were run as separate entities with a common research facility.
Apparently a private equity company bought out Hitashi Power Equipment in 2016.
Ultimately every company on the planet will either be a struggeling small family business or owned by one of the massively wealthy USA-Saudi private equity groups.
It is private equity companies that actually control world economics, not world banks and definately not governments.
But we are getting way off mowers.

Reasonably sure. My Tanaka chainsaw says it's made in Korea on the case. Great little saw too. I read that Makita and Tanaka were the same (on the Internet) but then the Internet is usually folklore right? Least I know that Norton Vllers built my 68 Pii Scrambler....lol