any one knows anything about southland string trimmer mower

noma

Threads
  • / any one knows anything about southland string trimmer mower
Hi Was looking to purchase a southland wheeled string trimmer mower model S-WFT -16022 and wonder if any one knows any thing about these mower? Any good, how they hold up i don't know what engine is on there it don't say in the sale flyer.Its in our farm store flyer (Bomgaars). Has any one used this type to trim around building and trees and things? How close can you get with this trimmer:rolleyes: around building.Its that or a craftsams 6.75 torque rated 22in high wheel trimmer. Witch one is better do you think thanks

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not familiar with this company. I looked around on the web as I became curious. I learned that they are in Selma Alabama and that's pretty much it.
If I was to choose......I would have to examine the Southland carefully and consider price and availability of parts before I would choose it over the Craftsman.
I can't say anything bad about it I just don't know.
Coming from Minesota, you might want to look for a "Northland"?:cool:

CajunCub

Threads
Well besides the brand name, the design is kind of overkill. They were designed for users that could not handle the weight of a strong string trimmer...if you can push a mower, you can use this thing. But if your in good physical condition a hand held trimmer would make more sense for way less money. If you do buy one....they do use more string than usual and do wear the heads quite fast. But Good Luck!

noma

Threads
Sarahing

I was just wondering what the hell that has to do with this Southland string trimmer? I did buy one and it works great , knocked down my wife's flower garden this spring very well and i think it will trim around my building and thing very well this year and years to come. The handle has no vibration when using this trimmer, it works very smooth. I was pretty impressed with this machine, well balanced too.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sarahing

I was just wondering what the hell that has to do with this .

Nothing ... this is yet another crappy advertising ploy from the low lives that do this stuff just to get you to go to their link... :mad:

Do not click their link... :smile:KennyV

Black Bart

Threads
I don't know about their string trimmer but I have a Southland push mower that I use to trim where my rider can't get into and it is still in good shape after 15 years.

It was a cheap mower but the deck is much better than a Murray so if the trimmer is like their mower it may well be worth the money.

Mechanic Ken

Forum Newbie
Threads
I deal with small engines every day and, sorry to say, Southland, sold at BIG R, is one of the cheapest machines I have seen. So far, I have been unable to find even a carburetor for one. Personally, I would consider them a disposable, non-reparable machine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The southland mower company is not the same company as what you are finding in big R or Menards . The southland products you are seeing are a division of MAT Engine Technologies. Division of Sanborn corporation of vise versa. I get parts including carbs and other parts all the time. Part of that may be that I am a Southland OPE service center as well as a Powermate compressor and pressure washer service center. If the Southland parts are not at the distributor I get them shipped from the main location in Long Grove, IL. The biggest thing I have seen is fuel line problems on the string trimmers and Corroded carb needle valves ( same problem as Kohler xt-7 engines) Southland will warranty the corroded needle valve unlike ETQ generator company and Powerwasher pressure washers.