JD 318 manual?

MickG

Threads
Anyone know a good place or way to download a service manual for a 1988 john deere 318 mower? Thanks,

Seabz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi sorry I've looked high and low for a service manual but no such luck. I am however looking for some pictures of a 46" mower deck for my 318. Specifically the belt configuration as well as the idler pulley and tension spring. Do u happen to own a 46" mower deck for your 318? Thanks

MickG

Threads
Hi sorry I've looked high and low for a service manual but no such luck. I am however looking for some pictures of a 46" mower deck for my 318. Specifically the belt configuration as well as the idler pulley and tension spring. Do u happen to own a 46" mower deck for your 318? Thanks

Yes mine has that deck, the John Deere website has a parts breakdown for that deck, and shows it in parts, I will see if I have any diagrams, Weekend Freedom Machines, is also a good forum for JD's
Mick

Last edited:

Seabz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been to the John Deere dealership here but they didn't have much knowledge of the 46" deck. Probably because it's an oldie. They had a small parts breakdown of the deck but it's tough to read. I can't ignore out how the tensioner spring attaches to the idler pulley.

jd.rasentrac

Threads
Is it right, you are mainly loking for infos about the mower?

Unbenannt.JPG
Read the doc in the attachment, maybe it will help

edit:
Can't find the attached file, if you want it, send me a pm plz

Seabz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is it right, you are mainly loking for infos about the mower?

View attachment 22124
Read the doc in the attachment, maybe it will help

edit:
Can't find the attached file, if you want it, send me a pm plz

Last night I was able to get the deck back together, idler pulley, spring, and belt on. Covers back on and remounted onto my mower. I took some pics and can help people that need it. I was extremely happy and relieved that the belts didn't fall off or break when I engaged the mower. Thanks for all your help. Tough to find some info online about this deck.