ZTR opinion, Huslter fastrack SD 60" vs Gravely ZTHD 60"

acacia987

Threads
  • / ZTR opinion, Huslter fastrack SD 60" vs Gravely ZTHD 60"
mowing 2 acres fairly flat, couple trees. I would like to keep it between these two brands do to dealer proximity. I am going with the 60" deck since i have used my neighbors for quite a while and never had any access issues. If Gravely made a ZTXL with a 60" deck it may be a closer price comparison, but they don't. Below is what i could gather from there published specs.

ZTHD 60 ($5200)
pros over other:
better hydros zt-3100
thicker 10 gauge deck
cast iron spindle housing

Raptor SD 60 ($4500)
Pros over other:
wider front and rear wheels
the hustler has a spring suspension seat

opinions appreciated
Andrew

Vanousb

Threads

The gravely ZTHD 60 would be my choice. Almost went with that same mower.

D

DSepe

I prefer the Gravely because it has a chain hung deck and low end commercial hydros.

acacia987

Threads

The gravely ZTHD 60 would be my choice. Almost went with that same mower.

Thats where i am leaning. Can you haggle with Gravely dealers on price? online it states no haggle pricing. Not that i want too because i cant stand haggling over price with people.

acacia987

Threads
I prefer the Gravely because it has a chain hung deck and low end commercial hydros.

good call, i didn't notice the chain hung part at first.

pcclipper

Threads
You can make them an offer on one. Most will move a little. Gravely dealer here said big sale Labor Day if you can wait. Those are nice mowers.

acacia987

Threads
You can make them an offer on one. Most will move a little. Gravely dealer here said big sale Labor Day if you can wait. Those are nice mowers.

2 months would be a stretch..but saving some money would be nice. Do these 48 months 0% stick around all year or are the only around sometimes?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thats where i am leaning. Can you haggle with Gravely dealers on price? online it states no haggle pricing. Not that i want too because i cant stand haggling over price with people.

Your Title states "FasTrak SD" and your details show "Raptor SD"....BIG difference, can you clarify??? The Gravely ZT HD is a much better ZTR overall than the Raptor SD, but if you were comparing the Hustler FasTrak SD you would need to move up to the Gravely base Pro-Turn for an apples-to-apples comparison. As stated earlier, "almost" all dealers(just like a car dealer) will entertain counter offers from potential buyers....but right now(July, middle of Summer) it is a "seller's market", not a "buyer's market" so I doubt that the Gravely dealer will give any more discount than the $5,199 versus the regular MSRP of $5,839. As mentioned....if you can "wait" until this Fall to buy then you will find it to be a "buyer's market" because the dealers will be getting their 2015 model inventory in just after Thanksgiving. I bought my 2012 Gravely 52" Pro-Turn 100 XDZ in mid-September 2012 and I saved over $1,300 off the MSRP plus taxes for a 2013 model. The 48 month 0% financing was available when I bought mine, but FYI...don't let anyone tell you otherwise, the financed price you are paying includes a $200-$300 financing charge that is figured into the price of the mower(otherwise the finance company would go out of business). So, in essence, the ZT HD 60 could be had for easily for $5,000 if you didn't finance. Me, I was fortunate that I was buying my ZTR as a "retirement investment" out of my retirement savings and was going to pay cash for it. The dealer's best offer was $7,300(including taxes) financed and I offered him $6,800 out-the-door cash and he didn't even hesitate to accept my offer. I understand not everyone can "afford" to do that but thought I'd share that tidbit regarding 0% financing. Nothing....I repeat NOTHING is free when it comes to financing:0) Sooooooo, all that being said, you may be able to get the Gravely dealer to "throw in" a mulch kit or a striping kit at the $5,199 price(which does not include taxes) but I doubt he would take even $100 off the no-haggle pricing. Never hurts to ask, but try asking for a "bonus" accessory and see what reaction you get. You won't regret investing in a Gravely....I love mine!!!!

acacia987

Threads
Your Title states "FasTrak SD" and your details show "Raptor SD"....BIG difference, can you clarify???

Sorry about that, i have been looking at so many mowers over the past 2 weeks my mind is in overload. I meant to put Raptor SD in the title, Is it possible to change that? A side note, i think the ZTHD 60 compares very well with the standard fastrack but at a much cheaper price. Last months financing fee was 50 bucks i believe, which for a 48 month 0% term is not that bad if you don't have the cash on you. Additionally i live an hour away from Delaware so i will be getting it there to cut out taxes.

RetiredGuns

Threads
The 0% all these companies are offering "can" be a good deal if you understand the works. I got my Hustler with a military discount, put a grand down and financed the rest. I paid $50 period. The dealer told me that Hustler and him eat the difference with fees because the finance folks are going to get their money indeed. Better they than me!
Even though I have 48 months, Momma will not allow it to go past 12. Hates debt and I lover her for it. :smile:

For only $700 more that Gravely looks like a solid pick.