ZTR opinion, Huslter fastrack SD 60" vs Gravely ZTHD 60"

BigUgly

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / ZTR opinion, Huslter fastrack SD 60" vs Gravely ZTHD 60"
The Gravely dealers will negotiate a little (doesn't hurt to ask what there best price would be). I compared both Hustler & Gravely models and went with the Gravely HD. Best mower I have ever owned and would make the same choice if needed.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry about that, i have been looking at so many mowers over the past 2 weeks my mind is in overload. I meant to put Raptor SD in the title, Is it possible to change that? A side note, i think the ZTHD 60 compares very well with the standard fastrack but at a much cheaper price. Last months financing fee was 50 bucks i believe, which for a 48 month 0% term is not that bad if you don't have the cash on you. Additionally i live an hour away from Delaware so i will be getting it there to cut out taxes.

Not a problem...everybody knows now that you meant Raptor:0)
Yeah, the ZT HD is more comparable to the base Hustler FasTrak than the Raptor series. If you can get 0% financing for $50(and the dealer is absorbing the rest of the fee) that's a great deal. Sounds like you've done your homework....now all you need to do is go get it!!!! I'll go ahead and welcome you to the growing Gravely family on the forums and expect you to post a picture when you get it home(we wanna see it:0)

acacia987

Threads
Not a problem...everybody knows now that you meant Raptor:0)
Yeah, the ZT HD is more comparable to the base Hustler FasTrak than the Raptor series. If you can get 0% financing for $50(and the dealer is absorbing the rest of the fee) that's a great deal. Sounds like you've done your homework....now all you need to do is go get it!!!! I'll go ahead and welcome you to the growing Gravely family on the forums and expect you to post a picture when you get it home(we wanna see it:0)

Thanks,
ideally i should have it by then end of next week. This was my last stop in the research step. I am really sold on the ZTHD, even at the 5200 price tag. My only apprehension is on the FR730v engine, ideally i want this mower to last me 20 years which equates to about 1000 hrs. Any one have an opinions on the FR making that goal with religious maintenance?

D

DSepe

Thanks, ideally i should have it by then end of next week. This was my last stop in the research step. I am really sold on the ZTHD, even at the 5200 price tag. My only apprehension is on the FR730v engine, ideally i want this mower to last me 20 years which equates to about 1000 hrs. Any one have an opinions on the FR making that goal with religious maintenance?
I think a well maintained engine engine will last a long time. I'm not familiar with the FR series though.

RetiredGuns

Threads
I would think a well maintained Kawasaki FR series can easily last 1000 hrs maybe even double that.

acacia987

Threads
My expected acres may of went from 2 to 5(complicated story). i may be looking at the proturn 60 with the Briggs commercial turf for $6100 now. i will see what the dealer says in the morning, they seem to be heavy into the Kawasaki so they will probably lean on me to get the prturn60 with the kawa FS730 for $6600 instead. My friend of the family small engine mechanic seems to think that either would be adequate.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
My expected acres may of went from 2 to 5(complicated story). i may be looking at the proturn 60 with the Briggs commercial turf for $6100 now. i will see what the dealer says in the morning, they seem to be heavy into the Kawasaki so they will probably lean on me to get the prturn60 with the kawa FS730 for $6600 instead. My friend of the family small engine mechanic seems to think that either would be adequate.

Even though that Briggs is rated at 1hp more than the Kawa, it is 724cc versus 726cc on the Kawa.....and the torque rating(what really matters in regard to ability to cut tall/dense grass) is higher for the Kawa. All things considered, the B & S would be "adequate", but the Kawa would be better and well worth a $500 upgrade.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have not looked at the specs on these engines but most of the time the kawi max torque is at a lower RPM then the briggs which makes it have not as much usable torque as the briggs.

IMO it is not worth a extra $500
It is not going to last any longer

acacia987

Threads
Even though that Briggs is rated at 1hp more than the Kawa, it is 724cc versus 726cc on the Kawa.....and the torque rating(what really matters in regard to ability to cut tall/dense grass) is higher for the Kawa. All things considered, the B & S would be "adequate", but the Kawa would be better and well worth a $500 upgrade.

I know this is lazy of me but does anyone know at the same rpm what torque difference are we talking about here? The kawasaki seems to have 35 ft*lbs at 3600 rpm, still looking for the Briggs. Who ever knows the secret knock to get a torque curve from B&S i am all ears, this is ridiculous.

Ok so it turns out the B&S Commercial turf is rated at 27 ft*lbs at ~3650 rpm, compared to the 35 of the kawasaki. Next question, is the 8ftlb difference noticeable??

Last edited: