Some people...

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some people just don't know how to mow a lawn! I am at an appartment building mowing a lawn. I am starting with the trimming. I soon see a truck pull up and just parks in the middle of the street blocking the entrance of where my truck was parked. Luckilly it was a cul-de-sac, so it was a little safer for him. On his trailer, there was a scellant company name on it that he did not remove from the previous owner. Just that, made me wonder. A girl, who was a probably his daughter and the man dropped the gate of the trailer and she pulls out two dirty and worn out Toro mowers for residential use. Mean while I was getting ready to mow with the YBravo. She was mowing and I could barely hear the mower. The mower was basically ideling. He was trimming all over the place and did not do the back. He then pulls out an old blower and blows all the grass around for a few seconds and leaves real fast. I looked at the end result and it looked like crap. Missed spots all over the place and trimming was horrible. I gets me mad that people pay companies to mow a lawn and that company does a real bad job. I was just glad to have my clean truck and equipment. Makes me proud.

Wildcat

Threads
You think that is bad, I saw this the other day and had to take a pic.

WP_20140622_001.jpg

I know don't know who did this cemetery but come on. They did however come back a week later and finished up the job correctly. I hope that they go their asses chewed for this. I can't understand why you would leave it looking that way. To me, a cemetery must always look good regardless of the weather.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is real bad!!! And disrespectful for the ones that visited the graves. I can't believe how much dead grass is on that grave!!!

LawnStarter

Forum Newbie
Threads
As we always say, any guy with a mower and a truck can call himself a lawn care company. Sure, anybody can do lawn mowing, but it takes a lawn care professional to know what's really going on with someone's yard. In Austin, TX there are tons of companies not insured or incorporated and people just put up with it.

Wildcat

Threads
Well not everyone can cut a yard. I'm still trying to get my 13 year old boy to slow down (pushing and riding) and cut correctly. Funny story there.....A few weeks ago he just got done with my front yard and it looked bad. So I say to him, why did you do a hurry up job. He shrugged his shoulders and said, its cut right. I about lost it. But I kept my mouth shut, and agreed with him that it was indeed cut but it looked like butt. So the next time he cut it, I was there watching him like a hawk. Needless to say my yard looked better.

Sometimes when I see 'jacked up' yards, I wonder if there is 13 year olds cutting grass. I know there is not and that is the bad thing. There are adults who go around and butcher yards, get paid and leave to do it all over again. I'm no yard master or professional and I have made mistakes but at least I learn from them and make sure I don't repeat it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
See it all the time... It's entertaining to watch lol

OregonJack

Forum Newbie
Threads
You think that is bad, I saw this the other day and had to take a pic.

View attachment 21854

I know don't know who did this cemetery but come on. They did however come back a week later and finished up the job correctly. I hope that they go their asses chewed for this. I can't understand why you would leave it looking that way. To me, a cemetery must always look good regardless of the weather.

Yes, that photo looks terrible, but perhaps the crew had an equipment breakdown, injury, told by someone else to stop (nearby internment ceremony about to start), or some other reason. Since it was corrected (in a week - or less?), I'm hoping that cemetery actually has better service otherwise. Just sayin'.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
A few weeks ago we cut a yard and made a mess. I was ashamed of it. There were probably number of contributing factors as to why. Fact is we made a mess. We had over 100 invoiced in June and all were fine that one however embarrassed me. It was our first time to cut it and I am sure our last.

We only want to leave a yard that is excellent. Tat one was pathetic.

Regardless of the standards once in a Blue Moon apparently it happens. Maybe that was their once in a Blue Moon.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most of my yards are small enough I can clean up any mess with either a mower with a bag or a rake and a bucket and make anything look decent. That being said I did a yard a week ago was super wet from rain and sprinklers super long. I mowed over it left grass clump trails under my wheels this week I went back and you could see all the lines of dead grass lucky that customer doesn't Care to much

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most of my yards are small enough I can clean up any mess with either a mower with a bag or a rake and a bucket and make anything look decent. That being said I did a yard a week ago was super wet from rain and sprinklers super long. I mowed over it left grass clump trails under my wheels this week I went back and you could see all the lines of dead grass lucky that customer doesn't Care to much

Most of the yards we cut are on a two week rotation. In the Southern heat and humidity many times it looks like mown hay. Dead grass is not uncommon here.