721D throttle/shut off leak

thehemikid

Threads
Any of you guys have this leak before?

I'm assuming its an O-ring but haven't gone into it yet. I read somewhere that the aluminum housing wares over time causing this leak.

So there may be a little more than meets the eye. Not ready to tare into it till I know more.

Was going to order a shop manual on the motor for this till I found out the injector pump is not in it, & I do understand the super clean environment of an injector pump repair.

Right now it's running fine, just a dust & dirt collector at the moment, but figure that want last forever.

Any of you guys have a explosive view of this, or experience with this repair?

2014-6-29fuelleak1_zpsf05144d5.jpg

Last edited:

MBDiagMan

Threads
I'm not familiar with this particular motor, but I have a lot of other diesel experience. Internal pump repairs involving barrels and also injector rebuilding require a clean room. Replacing the solenoid in your picture would be a field operation only requiring thorough cleaning before removal and replacement.

Hope this helps.

thehemikid

Threads
I didn't find an exact match of mine (having 2 shafts on the same center line) on the net, but I did find these two "similar" Kubota views. Which only tells me mine is a little more sophisticated,... & probably has 2 O-rings.

speedplate1_zps564446b1.png

speedplate2_zps2cb0b941.png

If the plate that the shaft(s) go through is wore on mine, as I've read about, then a new O-ring will most likely not fix the leak.

It's possible I may need another plate.