Murray Wiring Issue

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Going by the wiring diagram, the switches are the same.

doc102003

Threads
I may end up losing it. I was able to find the original PTO switch. They had taken it out and just put it inside under the hood. I have since checked and everything is wired back according to the wiring diagram. When I have the two yellow in the L position it blows the fuse every time. When I switch the yellow wires to the M position like the other wiring diagram says it does nothing. I currently have the battery charging in hopes that the battery is just that dead since they have cut any wires that would have been recharging the battery. If you can think of anything else that it may be please let me know.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is the right wiring diagram for your Murray, is it the same has the one you are looking at..? you should not be blowing fuses on the yellow wires.

Attachments

• model425613x8a.jpg
    model425613x8a.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 4

doc102003

Threads
yeah that is the exact same diagram I have. It looks like they took out the after fire solenoid.

doc102003

Threads
It appears that they had cut both yellow wires and had the wire coming from the armature wired to a toggle switch. It almost appears that who ever tried to wire it was having an issue with the fuse tripping so they cut out all the safety switches just so it would run.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
It appears that they had cut both yellow wires and had the wire coming from the armature wired to a toggle switch. It almost appears that who ever tried to wire it was having an issue with the fuse tripping so they cut out all the safety switches just so it would run.

The safety switches have nothing to do with the fuse or fuse's, power to the key switch is only to send power to the solenoid, the safety switches are there to kill the coil(s) ie if you get off the seat...! you should have been able to find all ends of cable by now, are you using a meter, much better then using the battery you will not damage anything with a meter but you may if you go on testing with the battery.

doc102003

Threads
Yes, I have used my meter to check it and I believe the issue is the switch. I think the switch that was installed may have been the wrong one so they just moved the wires to get it to start. I will post later what terminals do what when the key is in certain positions.