Murray Wiring Issue

doc102003

Threads
I see what you are saying about the image from the wiring diagram. The terminal that they have installed is different. From what I could find looking around online this is how mine is laid out.
A
G Y S
M L B
I am not 100% sure that it is the correct wiring diagram.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to point out here...
A
G Y S
M L B....?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The back of the switch may look different but the meaning of the post are the same. It also says "For engines equipped with fuel shut-off solenoid built since 1994." and you say there is not one fitted.

doc102003

Threads
Alright so I rewired it with the L having the two yellow like you said and every time you turn the key it blows the fuse. I went through and checked every wired and even redid any connections that looked like they might be causing an issue and it still blew the breaker. When I switched the wired to have L be the red wire from the stator and M be the 2 yellow wires it did nothing. I thought maybe the battery was dead to I tried to jump it and nothing. It wont even attempt to start. I started looking more and the the two NC/No boxes are they suppose to be connected to anything? All the wires are connected to them but I almost looks like there is either suppose to be a sensor that plugs into the top of them or some sort of fuse. Almost like the box looking fuses that go in your vehicle.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Alright so I rewired it with the L having the two yellow like you said and every time you turn the key it blows the fuse. I went through and checked every wired and even redid any connections that looked like they might be causing an issue and it still blew the breaker. When I switched the wired to have L be the red wire from the stator and M be the 2 yellow wires it did nothing. I thought maybe the battery was dead to I tried to jump it and nothing. It wont even attempt to start. I started looking more and the the two NC/No boxes are they suppose to be connected to anything? All the wires are connected to them but I almost looks like there is either suppose to be a sensor that plugs into the top of them or some sort of fuse. Almost like the box looking fuses that go in your vehicle.

I would stop testing in the way you doing because you are going to do damage, lets get something clear, only you know what it is in front of you, we here do not, we can only work out from what you are telling us.
You should be using a multimeter and not the battery, until you are sure that all the wiring is correct, that way you will not be blowing fuse's the way you are, use the meter for what it is for, it will tell you by connecting it up to one end of a wire, say on the key switch, and finding out the other end, if someone been there and made a right pigs ear out of things then start again and make your own wiring diagram, you should know by now that the (B) on the key switch is for the battery + and that (g) is the ground, so you have now only five out of the seven you say you have on the key switch, remember if you are doing continuity checks with a meter, make sure you have one of the battery leads off.
The NC boxes there are three shown on the diagram, clutch/brake, PTO and seat switch and they all kill the coil, or should do..!

doc102003

Threads
Does anything actually go into the nc boxes? I am asking because the wires go into the back and when you flip it over it has open slots where it looks like something should go into it. They look a lot like how the harness connects to the back of the ignition switch.

doc102003

Threads
The wires coming into the back of the nc boxes are connected to female terminal connector. There is nothing on the other side.

doc102003

Threads
Thank you for the help. I think I have it figured out now. I completely misunderstood that it was the PTO switch that went in the relay. I said something to my wife about it looked like something was missing and she walked up and she said what about those switches out to the side. I was like you got to be kidding me. I will have to order them and if it doesn't work I will let you know. Thanks again.

doc102003

Threads
alright so the PTO switch came in today. I was going to plug it into the relay when I noticed that on the switch the two NCs are one above the other rather than being side by side. Does it make a difference which wire is above the other as far as the yellows and the oranges?