1500ZX

pcclipper

Threads
Am looking at a used mower Ferris IS1500ZX. The hour meter says 19.5 hours. $5000 with a used landscape trailer. I cannot find this model on Ferris web site. Does anyone know when it was discontinued? How reliable is the hour meter?
Opinions of this mower please.

D

DSepe

Looks like the IS700z replaced this model in 2012, I found a promotional video from 2011. The biggest differences from newer machines is it has hydro pumps instead of integrated transmissions from hydro-gear. Also it has a more commercial grade engine than the 700z. Link to video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVCyZZF2e6M

Last edited by a moderator:

pcclipper

Threads
Yes I did buy it. The things are still on the tires. I have used it once and it done great. I need to find out if the steering dampers are self centering. If you pull the steering levers back they will go to neutral when released. If you push them forward they will stay in place till you pull them back. Is this normal?

D

DSepe

Mine go back to neutral regardless of what way the levers are pushed if no pressure is applied. I believe this is normal for all zero turn mowers.