cub cadet rzt s 46 leaves a strip of taller grass along left side

doinit10

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / cub cadet rzt s 46 leaves a strip of taller grass along left side
My cub cadet rzt s 46 (2014 model) leaves a taller strip of grass along the left side when I zero turn the mower - strip mowing. I have leveled the deck myself and the dealer also releveled the deck (side to side and front to back with front about 1/4 inch lower than back), said it was perfect, but there is still about a 6 to 8 inch strip of grass that is at least a quarter inch higher where the overlap is on left side of deck. The right side of deck is perfect in its overlap. So every other pass I have this high ridge of grass. I can go back over the ridge, mowing down the middle, but that defeats the purpose of a larger deck. I'm stumped and so is my dealer.

doinit10

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / cub cadet rzt s 46 leaves a strip of taller grass along left side
Thank you for the information and responding. I already had the shop manual. It seems to me to be a design flaw with solid front axle - won't pivot to follow ground in front end, front wheels actually come off the ground on uneven terrain and single point front deck hanger, there is not much give to follow terrain. The airflow under the deck may have something to do with not enough lift on the left side of deck. Obviously these are just guesses, but it is annoying to look forward to the Cub Cadet "Signature Cut" to find that it is not what I expected. What's odd to me is that I demoed a 2011 Z Force 46" and it cut very well and even. It has two hangers on the front. I might have bought it but it had the same EZT hydro drives as my RZT and the hour meter had been replaced, so don't know how many actual hours on machine. If it had the 2800 hydros I might have bought it. I'm not bitter, I'm looking for answers. BTW, I have the same luck with the 2 in 1 blade that came with the mower and the Extreme blade that I am now using. The Extreme blade may be a little bit better. I keep the deck clean underneath so I don't think that is the problem. As far as the mower itself, I like it. The steering wheel is very intuitive and I have yet to experience a turn divit or grass burn from exhaust.