HydroGear EZT Transaxle

RDA.Lawns

Threads
So what do I see for the latest Toro Hydro Gear ZT trannies, Not serviceable. They claim it helps to not have as many potential leak points at hose ends etc, & allows the commercial user to have one less thing to deal with.. :confused2:
If that becomes their new standard I won't be buying another toro. They don't have that problem now so what's the issue.I have a zmaster with a ton of hours it has a small leak in a hose. Really I don't believe a non serviceable system would hold up to the 3k hour mark. in a year I may add 1/2 a quart of oil. I'm not buying any new mowers this year . So have a year to see what happens.

Lawn Addict
Threads
RDA.Lawns- I should have clarified my post better, seems some are not serviceable according to their site, while others still are. (my bad).

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I prefer the serviceability . seems to be a better system with pumps and drive motors separate. And a lot stronger .

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would as well. Just makes sense servicing them would be better. Can't understand why some are NOT servicable?

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Cheaper to make .So they can make more $$ .Would be my thoughts on it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would concur with your assessment.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I prefer the serviceability . seems to be a better system with pumps and drive motors separate. And a lot stronger .

All of them a serviceable. Some are called sealed. Sealed means you do not need to change oil during life of unit. All of them are serviceable. They sell parts and it is easier to work on than most. Buy the repair kit for the pump or motor then just open unit and replace parts. Fast and easy.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Cheaper to make .So they can make more $$ .Would be my thoughts on it.

They cost way less money than the pump, motor and hydraulic lines purchased separately. So I do not under stand your point.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They are non servicable because the sealing is very good and the units are made in a sterile clean room.
Clowns drain the oil find an old grubby funnel then proceed to fill the box with dirt , dust & grass clippings.
When I do one of these , I clean every thing in an ultrasound unit followed by either & blow dry.
They then go into the bathroom ( I work out of an old house) after I have hosed down the room & walls.
Dust down as low as 0.5 micron size will kill the unit in no time flat.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I would not buy a new mower with the sealed units. After 10 + years trouble free mowing with many different mowers with the serviceable units I'm sticking with it.