Poulan WildTHing Chainsaw Help Please!

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
Okay friends this has been smashing my head for a while I have a Poulan Wild Thing P4018WM with Zama carb that will not run right. It wont start on full choke it will start and run at a fast pace on 1/2 choke and wont run or crank on no choke. Once running you can ease up on the throttle and it will rev nice but as soon as you top out it bogs and dies and if you leave running after the trigger has been clicked when it swaps to no choke it dies. Please help I have checked the fuel lines bulb filter all good I checked the diagram it appears good no cracks or tears made sure all sealing areas are good as well.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Carb may just need adjusted, If that doesn't do it, then you may have to replace the carb. Before getting into it too far, also do a compression check.. anything under 90 and you might as well give up now.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
If it was stored with any fuel that has ethanol in it --- your carb is probably gummed up badly. Try some Seafoam in your mix and let it sit for a while after running a little. I never store an engine with ethanol fuel unless there is Sta-Bil or an ethanol treatment in the gas.
If that does not get it going - the carb will probably need to be cleaned. Good Luck !

ThatGuyYouKnow

Threads
Ill try a compression test. This carb is a pain to adjust I have tried adjusting but when I do get it to crank that is what happens.

Beisert78

Forum Newbie
Threads
Unbolt the two muffler screws so you are able to peak in the exhaust chamber. With a flashlight shine it on the piston and crankcase wall for any scoring or scratches if it's very noticeable it will probally need to be junked unless you want to spend the money to get it fixed. Poulan saws are prone to scored pistons they are just cheap.