Has anyone had any luck with Ryobi Weed Eaters??

bckskin2

Threads
I have 4 Sthil weed eaters and they are by far the best I've ever owned. 2nd best is Echo. I have two of them.

My John Deere dealers sells and services Sthil so that is a big plus and I love my Sthil chain saw.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
My John Deere dealers sells and services Sthil so that is a big plus and I love my Sthil chain saw.[/QUOTE

That is cool that JD dealers sells and service things other than John Deere. I have a Stihl MS 441 CQ Magnum chainsaw.

It would be cool if John Deere made trimmers and chainsaws.

bckskin2

Threads
I think they did at one time, but sold that division?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Junk Deere trimmer.
Kinda looks like a cheap weedeater brand

image-1660379579.jpg

Kial

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had one or two electric ones and they've been ok for light work around the house. As long as you know what you understand that the price of the weed eater and your expectations of it's performance and durability should be on par. I wouldn't bother with any gas options from them. If you're going to go gas it's always worth spending a little more upfront and saving yourself maintenance and repair issues down the line. If I bought another Ryobi I'd probably get one of their battery powered units. There are some nice reviews here: http://www.knowitalllearning.com/best-cordless-trimmer-battery-powered-weed-eater-reviews/

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have mentioned several times here how good my 790R was. Bought with the clickit brush blade it served like a demon for 10 years. Then coil vs flywheel and cost of repair prohibitive. But it lives on as an organ donor. The generic 2 stroke motor appeared in a Sears weed whacker ($125) so now the clickit shaft is used on the Sears unit. The Sears unit had a lousy (IMO) string head so I used the old Ryobi bump head with its metal eyelets completely worn through. Then in Goodwill a " junk" Ryobi for $15 with as- new bump head now in use. Good stuff.

LucyClark

Forum Newbie
Threads
The best machinery for this work is battery operated. Some most valuable battery operated weed eater lithium streamer, Worx.

JerryMc77

Forum Newbie
Threads
My experience with Ryobi trimmers has not been good. I have replaced at least 6 carburetors in the last 3 months. The problem seems to be the fuel inlet side will not pass the pressure test of 10 psi. The check valves are not replaceable--or I should say not worth the effort to replace them. Each one has had the same exact problem. I am not a big fan of the "ruiing" carberators but they seem to be taking over the aftermarket business. I have had better luck with Zama and Walbro carbs on most of the units I repair.