HRX217HYA May need new rings?

shacky

Threads
I picked up feeler gauge. Exhaust was fine. But I couldn't get 0.15 mm (actually 0.152) in. I adjusted intake. Boy it's tricky. Seems when I tighten lock nut it increases gap. Had to do it a few times before it felt right. I'll double check again before installing new cover which should be here tomorrow with new carb and gaskets.

shacky

Threads
Success!!! Just finished buttoning up the valve cover, installing new carb, air cleaner kit, and blades.

Started first pull and idled well without long warm up. Now it sounds and runs like a real Honda. I am never going to that dealer again!

magbarn

Threads
Congrats! So it was all a carb problem after all. Like I said I'd be very wary of dropping off OPE to be serviced at a dealer that can't handle a simple carb swap/cleaning. Thanks to ethanol, that's the bread and butter for the majority of small engine repairs these days! Honda should add another tag in addition to their 'No Oil' tag on the gas cap. It should read 'if you're a homeowner (who will usually take months to burn through 2 gallons of gas) always use fuel stabilizer'.