LCT engines??

arch252

Threads
I've got a homemade trike project going and I think I'm needing about a 10hp or greater horizontal shaft engine with electric start on a torque converter system. Not easy to find one at a reasonable price, even used, engine that is, not the torque converter. I had figured my best bet would be on a nonworking generator with a good engine. Anyway, I've come across a smoking deal on an LCT 10 hp. I've never had an LCT engine, to be honest I had never heard of them before this. The box indicated the engine model number as LMHP361100P but I can't find much info about it. It shows the shaft to be tapered and I'm hoping that wouldn't cause any problems when mounting the torque converter.

Has the LCT been around a while? Does anyone have any experience with them? Can anyone chime in, I need to know if I would be wasting my time and money with this engine or if that's a good deal. I'd also like to know if I'll have any problem running a torque converter system with that engine. Any particular torque converter system I need to run with an engine that size or would a TAV2 type work okay? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
LCT engines have been around for several years now. Seem to be decent engines for what I have worked on and seen. They are now a division of CPC corporation which is the controlling company for Tecumseh. The two combined are now Lauson Engine. The old Tecumseh service centers are the authorized service centers for LCT.