First post from new member.

Windy Hill Farmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I needed help with my lawn mower and found answers right away! I have a Ransomes Jaguar 4000 mower with a 72" deck. Great machine. The forum helped because a very kind person collected various manuals and made them available in pdf. I was able to get a part number for the mower deck belt and get it on order.
My mower has the 3-cylinder Mitshubishi diesel engine. We bought the mower as a used machine about 5 years ago. Reliability has been great! But...the engine seems underpowered and this has been getting worse. We have lots of hills and can only go uphill very slowly. We did all the usual: changed all filters, changed fluids, make sure everything turns well. The engine starts well, does not smoke, does not burn oil. But going uphill or in heavy grass, it just dies. We sometimes literally have to stop so it can get to a proper rpm and then move ahead very slowly again. Does anyone know if there is a governor that may need repairs or replacement? I do not have a service manual for the engine.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello Windy Hill Farmer! Welcome to LawnWorld.

:welcome:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I needed help with my lawn mower and found answers right away! I have a Ransomes Jaguar 4000 mower with a 72" deck. Great machine. The forum helped because a very kind person collected various manuals and made them available in pdf. I was able to get a part number for the mower deck belt and get it on order.
My mower has the 3-cylinder Mitshubishi diesel engine. We bought the mower as a used machine about 5 years ago. Reliability has been great! But...the engine seems underpowered and this has been getting worse. We have lots of hills and can only go uphill very slowly. We did all the usual: changed all filters, changed fluids, make sure everything turns well. The engine starts well, does not smoke, does not burn oil. But going uphill or in heavy grass, it just dies. We sometimes literally have to stop so it can get to a proper rpm and then move ahead very slowly again. Does anyone know if there is a governor that may need repairs or replacement? I do not have a service manual for the engine.

Diesel engines are not common on this forum, so getting good advice here could be rough. I would suggest locating a local farm/tractor shop, as you may
just have an engine with a whole lot of adjusting needed. But a farm shop will be more saavy to the workings of a 3 cyl. diesel, as it seems from your
description, you might just be in serious need of some adjusting, but if not, those guys would know.

One thing is for sure, a 3 cylinder Mitsubushi should never seem under powered on a 72 inch mower!!!!!! Contact Ransomes as well, as they need some
public cred if they ever want to ever be known in the lawn mower world!!!!!!!