Hearing Protector Radio's

BWH

Threads
I just purchase a pair of 3M tekk Work Tunes ear muffs, They reduce noise great and the FM radio works reasonably well but the AM will not bring anything in at all to speak of. I am some what rural but I can take any old transistor radio from my youth and pick up dozens of AM stations.

What is any one else using for hearing protection ear muff radios and how does the AM radio function work?

BWH

Threads
P.S.

I used these ear muffs on the Great Nebraska Tractor Ride on Friday & Saturday covering around 135 miles on a 45 year old diesel (very high decibels) and these really worked well being able to listen to the radio at a very low sound level.

I plan on using them for all operations in my lawn care.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
P.S.

I used these ear muffs on the Great Nebraska Tractor Ride on Friday & Saturday covering around 135 miles on a 45 year old diesel (very high decibels) and these really worked well being able to listen to the radio at a very low sound level.

I plan on using them for all operations in my lawn care.

My daughter couldn't find the 3m earmuffs, so she got me a pair of the Howard Leight Sync earmuffs for Christmas. They don't have the built-in radio(just accommodate a connected MP3 player). I use my iPod Shuffle with them and they work very well too. I cannot hear my ZTR while jammin to my tunes mowing the yard!!!

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just purchase a pair of 3M tekk Work Tunes ear muffs, They reduce noise great and the FM radio works reasonably well but the AM will not bring anything in at all to speak of. I am some what rural but I can take any old transistor radio from my youth and pick up dozens of AM stations. What is any one else using for hearing protection ear muff radios and how does the AM radio function work?

I love mine. Just wish I could find a way to wear a sun hat and work tunes together.

The sun is winning out over the noise protection right now.

mowerman05

Threads
backbeat wireless ear plugs with Bluetooth music from phone plus a sun hat

gabowman

Threads
Same as yours. I listen to the Atlanta Braves getting BEAT!!!!:mad: