New Raptor SD clutch rattle

Eric21

Threads
I am going to call the dealer on Monday, did yours not know what to do to fix it, or did you not take it in first?

Tta197

Threads
I didn't bother to ask. I knew I would get all kinds of excuses including warranty issues by installing a different spring.

Eric21

Threads
I am going to see what they have to say tomorrow. I did not spend 4k on a mower that i have to rig something on to so the clutch will operate normal. Did anyone have to add more oil to the hydro tank after first 2 hours of use? mine is completely empty.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
That is typical,buy some of the hydro oil and add a little,then check.....repeat this til it goes to the right level when not in use.This apparently happens as the hydros essentially suck up the lubrication they need. You got a sweet mower,it takes awhile to get everything fine tuned.I'm a satisfied owner now that the hazing period is over!:laughing:

Eric21

Threads
That is typical,buy some of the hydro oil and add a little,then check.....repeat this til it goes to the right level when not in use.This apparently happens as the hydros essentially suck up the lubrication they need. You got a sweet mower,it takes awhile to get everything fine tuned.I'm a satisfied owner now that the hazing period is over!:laughing:

Thanks, did you have any problems with the clutch rattling on your mower?

Eric21

Threads
Got it back from the dealer today, they just made a shim for it. Works for me, said if I have anymore problems they would replace the clutch and the stop.

Parkmower

Threads
From my experience the rattle (when blades are engaged) comes from too much play in the spring.I don't like the shaking but too cheap to buy new spring which apparently is much more robust with more tension.This is on my "to do" list.My mower continues to be a workhorse,I'm a Happy Hustler owner!:thumbsup:

Ggg. Bonn v. Vlyhbbbbn

Sorry 2y/o typing and actually posting lol.

Last edited:

Eric21

Threads
Shim my dealer put on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 234

Kremeneon

Threads
Thanks all, after having my dealer look at the clutch rattle and only say "wont hurt anything" I decided to make my own shim out of copper, it works great and no rattle noise.

Great information here!

JPR

Threads
I have this loud noise too. The recall steps were done prior to my purchasing the SD54 (BTW -- Hustler still don't even list that recall on their webiste site... concerns me a little).

Is this something different, or part of the original problem? Was the recall fix supposed to fix this loud noise?