Must be spring here

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Because the skunks are digging up my yard...I have thousands of square feet of yard out of site of the house, but no, they have to dig up the areas that I can see when walking around the house. Sojmebody told me one time the best way to solve the problem is to put out cans of dog food mixed with antifreeze (and I am not making a joke about it here) .

That would work for me, except I am too soft hearted to take the chance of a stray animal ingesting the bait.

SKUNKS....I hate them.

KJINTF

Threads
Have you tried the motion sensor automatic sprinklers?
They work great
Got rid of several damn Deer and many other critters that thought they owned the place
As you I hate to kill them and will try anything not to have to kill them
Cute little smelly things
How about Flickers as in lareg destructive wood peckers they drill holes in the house
So long as they are a longs ways away from me I have not problems
Eat my house I have an issue that wil be resolved soon

dannycrensh

Forum Newbie
Threads
They work great
Got rid of several damn Deer and many other critters that thought they owned the place
How about Flickers as in lareg destructive wood peckers they drill holes in the house

You have got to be kidding me, that's what's happening!? I knew about deer but skunks too? Also, I know that moles will dig up the yard. Anyone with any information on the shurflo 8000 specifically, whether or not it has a motion sensor detector please share with the group!

mystreba

Threads
How about Flickers as in lareg destructive wood peckers they drill holes in the house So long as they are a longs ways away from me I have not problems

:groans: :gasps: :eek:

Gawd I love the Norther Flicker. I think they're the most gorgeous N.A. bird. I hate to see it, but I certainly understand your plight.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The reason they are drilling holes in the house is because some bug (insect) like a carpenter bee has already drilled into your wood. The birds are after the bugs. Prevent the bugs and it will stop the birds. :thumbsup:
They work great

CajunCub

Threads
Hear in Louisiana we use "Mothballs", yes a skunk stinks...but the ol' cajuns say that mothballs burn their eyes.

poncho62

Threads
Skunks dig to get to grubs that are underground....Cure the grub problem and the skunks will go away

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Moth balls work for a few things - I had one ground yellow jacket nest that I couldn't get rid of and it was so dry that I didn't want to burn in that area. There had even been a Bear trying to dig them out (too many tree roots) I finally got 2 boxes of moth balls and poured them in and around the hole at night. GONE the next day ! :thumbsup:

mystreba

Threads
It's true with most pests - get rid of the food source, get rid of the pest.

Worked with my older kids.