Hyd drive belt - my first Ferris problem

chuckrudd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had my H2220B for a couple years now. Love the way it cuts, and seems to be a very well made machine. Belts do fail however, and my hyd one quit a couple days ago. Looked around on the web and ordered from Lanier Outdoor Equipment in Buford, Ga. It got a new electric clutch just before I bought it, but is there anything else in this area that should be checked/renewed since I have it opened up? Hopefully I am attaching a pic of how she looks at the moment.

mountaincut

Threads
I bought a Ferris Evolution last fall used it several times and literally turned the deck power belt into dust, twice. Looked everywhere for help and ended up taking it to the dealer. Turns out that the tension on the belt was too tight. Neither the Owners Manual or the set-up guide addressed the tension of the belt so I figured it was where it should have been.

The dealer thought I had a bad spindle at first but after removing the deck and checking everything found that the belt tension was all that needed adjusted. They said that even their shop manual did not have a recommended adjustment setting for it either.

I have been mowing since spring and it cuts great. My only issue is that if I don't cut often enough, I need to double cut to get that golf course look that I want.

Check the belt tension. Too tight may be an issue.