Mower deck Anyone still have a Honda H4518HSA?

Hughes Road

Forum Newbie
Threads

I am new to this forum but have owned a Honda 4518 since the early nineties (if I can remember). Do all of my own service and am presently going after a loud grinding noise in the PTO assembly. I assume the bearings & parts will need replacing.
I have gone through a lot of drive belts and have found the Honda belt the best by far in holding up. Costly but worth it as far as I can tell.
Hughes Road
5-22-13

medinapool

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought one oem belt and went straight to an industrial belt store in our area. $20.00 and last about 1 season. The pto belt last 3-4 years. Remember to engage quickly. My problem is after 20 plus years my deck is rusted bad. 46 inch deck wish i could find a shell and rebuilt it. Also i have an electronic component that went bad. Little black box. if i squeeze it it works fine. I put a small c-clamp on it 4 years ago and starts every time. What a gem of a mower. Bought it used for $1800 , bagging system, extra set of blades and couldnt be happier. I hope i can get the deck fixed. may try bondo

grayrock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where can I get a listing of part numbers for this mower, including mowing deck and belts?