How to keep your discharge chute in up position

scottkel

Forum Newbie
Threads
So a week or so I bought at Kubota Z121S 48". The Exmark that I sold had a solid metal discharge chute and this had a heavy duty plastic type. The Exmark could be flipped up and it would stay in the up position when I needed it to. This Kubota has a tension spring holding the chute in the down position. I don't really want to remove the chute but need to be able to open as necessary to get into the gate, storage building, etc and it stay in the up position.

I'm sure I am not the first to run into this - what is everyone doing on theirs for this issue?

Thanks!

scottkel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well that's what I did temporarily but was wondering if anyone has come up with a better fix...

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the Mower & Equipment Operation forum.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tractors - Z100 Series | Kubota Tractor Corporation I would install an eye bolt topside of chute with a self locking nut on underside of chute, you'll just have to drill one hole and run bungee cord through eye bolt and tie a knot in cord so it will stay connected to eye bolt. I would use a bungee cord long enough so you can remain seated and just find a place to secure cord within easy reach.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
So a week or so I bought at Kubota Z121S 48". The Exmark that I sold had a solid metal discharge chute and this had a heavy duty plastic type. The Exmark could be flipped up and it would stay in the up position when I needed it to. This Kubota has a tension spring holding the chute in the down position. I don't really want to remove the chute but need to be able to open as necessary to get into the gate, storage building, etc and it stay in the up position.

I'm sure I am not the first to run into this - what is everyone doing on theirs for this issue?

Thanks!

My suggestion...trade your Kubota for a Gravely:0)
I really like the way Gravely designed the Pro Turn X-Factor deck where the whole chute attaches with pins to the deck and can easily be removed and stored upright in a designated spot on the topside of the deck(see my picture I pasted a link to below:0)

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13491&d=1364591569

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you plan on raising the discharge chute whenever you are mowing......just remove it completely:0)

Av8r

Threads
If you plan on raising the discharge chute whenever you are mowing......just remove it completely:0)

Discharge chute is a safety item and I wouldn't recommend removing it. I use a bungee to hold mine up for driving through gate, storage, etc... I only remove it when I install the vacuum.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Discharge chute is a safety item and I wouldn't recommend removing it. I use a bungee to hold mine up for driving through gate, storage, etc... I only remove it when I install the vacuum.

I totally agree....I just figure if someone is going to mow without it they should just remove it. When they throw a rock or other object and put out a window...or even worse injure someone, they will discover that mowing without the discharge chute was NOT a good idea(and why they come with one). My "real" recommendation is that if the discharge chute is creating unmanageable windrows.....remove it BUT.....install a mulch kit that comes with a cover for the chute opening.