Swisher 44 inch tow behind mower?

LawnSlayer6211

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI!!
I'm trying to decide if I'm going to keep. Throwing money into my beat down mower DECK or go spend $1000 dollars in getting a tow behind from swisher.. OR buy another machine for mowing and keep the old simplicity for cart pulling/ snow blowing dutys. Any one have one of these tow behinds???

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
They are rather light duty...
I have never owned one, but I have seen them.

what type area are you thinking to use this on?
That type tow mower is usually used to supplement the width of a rider mower, on smaller but completely wide open spaces... :smile:KennyV

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
HI!!
I'm trying to decide if I'm going to keep. Throwing money into my beat down mower DECK or go spend $1000 dollars in getting a tow behind from swisher.. OR buy another machine for mowing and keep the old simplicity for cart pulling/ snow blowing dutys. Any one have one of these tow behinds???

Can't really say...
As far as the tow behind goes...
What do you have to tow it with? How much lawn do you have? If it's a long rectangle, that might be the way to go, but it seems like your turning radius will be huge and you don't want a lot of three point turns.
There's a guy not far from here who tows 2 of them staggered behind a golf cart. He's cutting 7-8 feet at a time. He has approximately 10 acres of grass with only a few scattered palm trees. Doesn't seem real efficient to me but hey, what ever floats your boat I guess.
I like versatility of a tractor.

poncho62

Threads
I built one a while back....I use it mainly for cutting long grass that hasnt been cut in a while.....I can offset it if I wish too.

Brushmower021Medium.jpg

Brushmower019Medium.jpg

001Small-1.jpg

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the General Mower Discussion Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!