Mowing in the rain

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Who here mows when it rains? I try to not mow when it rains.
Right now, it is raining here, nothing intense, but it is just no fun to mow in the rain. The job isnt as nice either.

X-man

Threads
Who here mows when it rains? I try to not mow when it rains.
Right now, it is raining here, nothing intense, but it is just no fun to mow in the rain. The job isnt as nice either.

I don't mind mowing in the rain, done it plenty of times.

If the ground is soaking wet, or if it's pouring, then I'll stop.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea, if it's a drizzle I don't mind or if I am far from home and I have a few yards left to do.

It rained all night and it stopped this morning. I tried to mow one lawn, but it was just too wet so I stopped after that one. It started to rain again also. I guess it's a rain out today.

Wildcat

Threads
We don't mow when it starts raining. Is not that I don't mind it, its just that I'm not going to tear up a clients yard when I start to lose traction on my mower or ball up the grass. Not good for business if you ask me. Lately its been raining everyday here in Missouri. I was lucky to get one yard done before the sky opened up. I had to call all my clients that were scheduled for today and tell them I will try tomorrow. Now my Friday is going to be packed and I'm dreading it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I always mow in the rain, I also don't use heavy equipment.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We don't mow when it starts raining. Is not that I don't mind it, its just that I'm not going to tear up a clients yard when I start to lose traction on my mower or ball up the grass. Not good for business if you ask me. Lately its been raining everyday here in Missouri. I was lucky to get one yard done before the sky opened up. I had to call all my clients that were scheduled for today and tell them I will try tomorrow. Now my Friday is going to be packed and I'm dreading it.

At times we mow in the rain or we could not now at all. If it rains every day and you do not mow it will be a foot tall and growing.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't mind mowing in the rain if I get caught in the middle of a lawn but I wont start a job if it's raining. People talk about a drizzle or light rain but that's something we don't get, right now were getting rain on a daily basis and when we get rain that way it generally is down pours 2 to 3" at a time and it floods lawns and we don't get a chance to dry out and it gets to a point where you can't mow.

Wildcat

Threads
At times we mow in the rain or we could not now at all. If it rains every day and you do not mow it will be a foot tall and growing.

I agree with what you are saying. Its just I rather the grass be tall rather than have rut marks, skid marks, mud tracks and balled up grass in a yard we done. I've seen others do it and when they are done, it looks like straight poo. Maybe thats me being judgemental but I'm not allowing my name nor the company's name that I work for have a yard that looks like poo because we worked through the rain.

Nwatson99

Threads
No way I would mow in the rain or wet grass, too many tire tracks can and most likely be made, grass accumulating under the deck, grass clumping too much on the lawn, it is just not worth it.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
No way I would mow in the rain or wet grass, too many tire tracks can and most likely be made, grass accumulating under the deck, grass clumping too much on the lawn, it is just not worth it.

You got 30 yards to cut. It rains 3 days a week for the month of July. You either cut them in the rain or wet or they get so tall that they can be baled for hay.