Mowing in the rain

Elle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mowing in the rain doesn't make any sense at all. It's bad for the mower blade and grass. When you cut a wet grass, the finished will appear patchy and untidy. The clippings clump, mower clogs and the blades get dull. My suggestion? Be patient until the sun comes up then you can start your mowing session.

zmister11

Threads
Mowing in the rain doesn't make any sense at all. It's bad for the mower blade and grass. When you cut a wet grass, the finished will appear patchy and untidy. The clippings clump, mower clogs and the blades get dull. My suggestion? Be patient until the sun comes up then you can start your mowing session.

Alot of us don't have time to wait for the rain to go away. We have a schedule.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads

its not the preferred method to mow in the rain, but I've plenty of blades, its doesn't generally clump unless its over grown. I run a pretty tight schedule and can't afford to be 8 or 10 hours behind. I'll mow in the rain first.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If I skip a day because of rain that puts me 2 days behind.

This time of year is already bad with 4 hours less daylight.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I skip a day because of rain that puts me 2 days behind.

This time of year is already bad with 4 hours less daylight.

Still mowing?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Still mowing?

Yes.

We get a lot of first time cuts. Homes that have been empty for over a year.

Little slow right now. About 25 a week.

bt3

Threads
If I had a Lawn Mowing Service, I don't see how you could avoid mowing in the rain. What if it rained for two weeks straight? No choice.

As a homeowner, you can usually wait it out.

I've mowed in rain before. I don't like to do it, as it tends to tear the grass and it's hard on the equipment, but I've done it. Sometimes I mow in heavy morning dew if I have no choice because I'm headed out of town for two weeks or so and have to cut before jumping on a plane or in the car. Wet or no wet, I had to get the lawn done.

I see my neighbors that have lawn service companies get their lawns mowed wet all the time.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes.

We get a lot of first time cuts. Homes that have been empty for over a year.

Little slow right now. About 25 a week.

Not bad. Gives you an income to survive the winter Months. Here in FL it is warm and them companies are still mowing weekly. Some biweekly.