kawasaki engine fh721v-as32

flporter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Engine won't start when hot. Kawasaki FH721V-AS32 Looking for any ideas on where to go, compression is 150.

sjessen

Threads
Is the engine getting hot? Does it just quit or act like it is running out of gas? If the latter, sometimes the problem is with the gas cap.

flporter

Forum Newbie
Threads
It starts fine the first time when cold. But if it is turned off, it just won't start when it is hot and has been running. When it cools off, it starts fine.

sjessen

Threads
Hopefully, someone will post who has actual experience with this engine and/or mechanical ability.

Suppose in the short run you could leave it running as you go from lawn to lawn.

gregjo1948

Threads
Can you hear the fuel solenoid click when you turn the key to ignition only? (not to start) After you run it, the little solenoid coil may be failing enough to not open the fuel shutoff. gregjo1948

Greg1Warden

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you hear the fuel solenoid click when you turn the key to ignition only? (not to start) After you run it, the little solenoid coil may be failing enough to not open the fuel shutoff. gregjo1948

I am having the same exact problem. Was told its the carburetor. Lot of money to be guessing? Any for sures out there. Once it's running it sound great . Throttle it up quick and it back fires big. Greg

Greg1Warden

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having the same exact problem. Was told its the carburetor. Lot of money to be guessing? Any for sures out there. Once it's running it sound great . Throttle it up quick and it back fires big. Greg

I also hear the solenoid click each time i turn to on position. I take the air cleaner hose off the carb and fuel is in the outside of the carb , heavy. Eventually starts after hose is off, but wearing down battery. Greg