Reporting spam/scams

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Earlier this morning there was a first post by someone in New Members who was advertising Iphones and other smartphones, a definite spam msg. I reported it within 5 minutes of it being posted, and left home to run errands. When I got home three hours later, it was still on the the forum so I reported it again. Surprised me that it was permitted to remain after being reported the first time.

Not a gripe, just wondering why it took so long to be removed. I am sure I reported it properly the first time. Or maybe I didn't?

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I got to it as soon as I got in to work. :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Junk posting has been removed very quickly and most efficiently ... great job Muhammad.
Thanks, :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Junk posting has been removed very quickly and most efficiently ... great job Muhammad.
Thanks, :smile:KennyV

Second that, we see almost none of it here, thanks. This may sound stupid but when I see spam it kinda ticks me off, like "Hey you, get the BLEEP off MY forum...." :laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Second that, we see almost none of it here, thanks. This may sound stupid but when I see spam it kinda ticks me off, like "Hey you, get the BLEEP off MY forum...." :laughing:

I reported it, too....right after they were posted. Three of 'em. Kinda goes with the 'ad' theme we had going on yesterday, no? :smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I reported it, too....right after they were posted. Three of 'em. Kinda goes with the 'ad' theme we had going on yesterday, no? :smile:

Darn, I missed the connection there....when you are old like me subtle things like that go right over your head.

poncho62

Threads
I moderate on one of the bigger car forums......Sometimes the mods are just not around, but generally ut gets deleted quite quickly....Reporting these things is good of the membership.......There is lots of this crap going on

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Darn, I missed the connection there....when you are old like me subtle things like that go right over your head.

They are the epitome of advertising I hate......:wink:

After all, they ARE advertisers........lol

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
They are the epitome of advertising I hate......:wink:

After all, they ARE advertisers........lol

Ha ha... they are advertising... but I would not rate those low life's as Advertisers... :smile:KennyV