928d runs and dies when its cold

1mstrb

Threads
I Have a 2006 928d with 1050 hrs in the morning the mower will shut off once the key is put in the run spot . this takes place for about 8 to 9 tries then it runs till i get it on the trailer and dies again but starts right back up . get to job site and mower pops right off get about 50 yards away and mower dies wait few seconds starts right back up go 50 yards more and dies , this time I wait 5 minutes and starts and runs the rest of the Day. Crazy I have talked to Grasshopper they had many things to do I have checked voltage to fuel solenoid 9 volts when Dead 10 when running alternator is putting out 14.1 volts .
so here is what I have done so far replaced ignition switch / fuel solenoid/alternator/all fuel lines/ fuel filter . Is there anyone out there who could help me out with this problem
thanks You
For your time
Donnie

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Grasshopper Mower I would first check all electrical connections making sure they are tight and secured properly, hands on, inspect for loose connections, exposed wiring, chafing, especially ground wires at chassis, engine, etc. If you find all wiring ok, I would then call tech. support and explain fully problem you are having. Please let us know if this helps or not.

1mstrb

Threads
well I took the advice and Got a hands on with the fuse box fuses were good but very dirty pulled them all out and replaced them the main fuse terminal was melted so fuse was not in tight replaced with a in line fuse I have 12 volts to fuel solenoid now mower starts and runs as it should the alternator fuse terminals had gotten warm also so put a in line fuse in it also I have a good 14.1 volts running know. there is a fuse block that runs the Ignition and pto they were very dirty and loose not tight .I replaced the terminals and all is tight as should be . runs great Hope this helps anyone else others who may have run and die problems with the diesel engine

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
well I took the advice and Got a hands on with the fuse box fuses were good but very dirty pulled them all out and replaced them the main fuse terminal was melted so fuse was not in tight replaced with a in line fuse I have 12 volts to fuel solenoid now mower starts and runs as it should the alternator fuse terminals had gotten warm also so put a in line fuse in it also I have a good 14.1 volts running know. there is a fuse block that runs the Ignition and pto they were very dirty and loose not tight .I replaced the terminals and all is tight as should be . runs great Hope this helps anyone else others who may have run and die problems with the diesel engine

Pat yourself on the back Donnie, well done. No telling what bill would have been had you taken to dealer.