Cleaning a mower

Honey

Threads
Our mower looks like it was dragged out of a dumpster, is there a way to clean it up and maybe paint it? What is the best way to do this?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like to use dish soap. It cuts through the grease AND clippings. It also rinses away clean.

Then, sand it, prime it, as you would any metal object you would paint. I'd use a bare metal primer on the bare spots, or the paint will flake right back off again.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Clean it up, if its just grungy and oily... but if your going to paint it, you need to do a bit of prep work before you just cut loose with a rattle can ...
To me a bad paint job looks worse than a faded worn paint job... :smile:KennyV

indypower

Threads
I use Castrol SuperClean. Spray it on, wait a minute, hose it off. Takes off grease, oil, dirt. Clean it first, then see what it looks like. I would only paint it if it is down to bare metal.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Non-cosmetic cleaning: the air filter and the cooling fins need to be cleaned periodically.

173abn

Threads
if it has a lot of built up old grease get yourself some poly gloves and rags and wipe off most what you can get to then go to Napa or other parts store and buy a couple cans of degreeser.Spray it on let it soak and wash it off.I've found a spray bottle works good.may take a few times doing this but eventually you'll get all the grease.after letting it dry depending what you want to do prep it for painting etc....russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey russ... your new picture... I first thought you had a very misshaped Holstein calf.....
nice looking big doggie...:smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
Hey Kenney,yeah he does all my compution and guarden for me...russ

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey russ... your new picture... I first thought you had a very misshaped Holstein calf.....
nice looking big doggie...:smile:KennyV

I thought the same thing at first...:laughing: