RSD exhaust burning lawn?

Top98Percent

Threads
It would appear Hustler/Excel is easing up on giving out the heat shields. I emailed service@excelii.com with a picture of 1 burned spot on the lawn, my serial #, model # and asked for them to send me a heat shield. 7 days from my 1st email a heat shield was on my doorstep.

Good luck

Hostil1

Forum Newbie
Threads
It would appear Hustler/Excel is easing up on giving out the heat shields. I emailed service@excelii.com with a picture of 1 burned spot on the lawn, my serial #, model # and asked for them to send me a heat shield. 7 days from my 1st email a heat shield was on my doorstep.

Good luck

I guess I'm not worthy.

"Dear Vincent,

Good afternoon and thanks for contacting us. The grass browning was reported to us from certain regions. So the heat shield is our solution for those regions. We offer it as an accessory because not everyone has a need for it. Similar to mulch kits, baggers and other accessories offered. The part number you need is 120564. You can order that part from your nearest dealer. Follow the link at the bottom of the email to locate one.

Thank you,
Tyler Brown
Excel Industries

If you need to locate a dealer - please use our locator at WWW.Hustlerturf.com"

IMG_4089.jpg
IMG_4086.jpg

The Chairman

Threads
I wonder how lean you're running? Lean=hot.

clubairth

Threads
Don't feel alone. I had to buy mine too.
I am grateful I found out about it on this forum.
I just thought it was a yard problem or dogs peeing!

No brown spots now!

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The burned grass spots problem has only been around for a few decades so it makes one wonder why so many bull headed manufacturers.

If one of those mowers caused a wild fire in CA I'm betting they would change their tune.

iclick

Threads
Where is the cheapest place to buy one?

clubairth

Threads
I just took the part number and did some searches on that. Did not seem to be much variation in price.

iclick

Threads
Did the same and also didn't find much variation. May fabricate something unless Hustler sends me one gratis.