Briggs 17.5 Intek Cylider flooded

enufruf

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have rebuilt the carb and tested the anti backfire solenoid but the cylinder is filling with gas when mower is not in use.
If I purge the cylinder and change plug all is well while mowing. Originally I had gas in the crankcase also. That seems to have stopped.
Any suggestion's??

natenkiki2004

Threads
Inline fuel petcock will solve it for you. I rebuilt a carb on a Briggs 6.5HP Intek, it still leaked into the cylinder & crankcase and out the primer bulb. Mower works great aside from that. Put a petcock on the fuel line (as well as a filter) and just turn it on/off when I use it.

You can play with the needle & seat but to me, it's not worth disassembling the carb several times to get it adjusted properly.

enufruf

Forum Newbie
Threads
TY um the man I was helping with the mower passed today.
I think I'll get the darn thing going just for the heck of it. sorry a little sloppy but he loved the dang thing.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All you need to do is replace the float needle and seat. Putting a shut off valve is not fixing it, just a temporary fix.

natenkiki2004

Threads
He already rebuilt it and you get those in rebuild kits. I've done it too and has still leaked. I agree that a shut-off valve doesn't fix the problem but it's sure a lot less hassle than trying to fix the carb several times.

enufruf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks you all helped, I'll miss the man. He loved Craftsman and Sear's Roebuck and company. I remember Newberry's. LOL. Crap I just am old and near GODi