What ZTR dominates your area?

D

DSepe

Hi just wondering who dominates the market in your area? In my town of 30,000 in Ohio the area is 90% Bob-cat 5% JD and 5% others. I find it interesting because the Bob-cat forum is dead on here but I guess that's the power of a really good dealer as I know our Bob-cat dealer is top notch. Any response will help me and others decide on a mower based on what the Pros use and trust.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Exmark and Toro dominate here. Then a few Hustlers and the Dixie. I'm beginning to see a few Cub Cadets appearing.

Nwatson99

Threads
Commercial it is John Deere and Grasshopper are the main ones, then some Toro machines and a few scags here and there you see on trailers.
Residential / small mowers it is John Deere, Husq, Craftsman, and Troy Built are the color choice it appears.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi just wondering who dominates the market in your area? In my town of 30,000 in Ohio the area is 90% Bob-cat 5% JD and 5% others. I find it interesting because the Bob-cat forum is dead on here but I guess that's the power of a really good dealer as I know our Bob-cat dealer is top notch. Any response will help me and others decide on a mower based on what the Pros use and trust.
Here in Middle Tennessee, I see more ExMarks, Hustlers, Husqvarnas and Grasshoppers with a few Toros and Gravelys.

RetiredGuns

Threads
Exmark, Scag & Toro in the immediate vicinity, but much of mid-Illinois is JD territory.

Vanousb

Threads
Mostly Exmark with some bad boys and Dixie Choppers in the mix. Some Cub Cadets showing by some small lawn home owners.

LoCo86

Threads
Here in southeast Tennessee, Exmark and Scag dominate, but there are a good amount of companies running John Deere. You will see the occasional Grasshopper, which is normally decked out with all the extra tools you can use with them ( such as the aeravator, grass catcher and de-thatcher)

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

You ARE inferring what brands dominate our area in regard to what brands are on "professional lawn service" trailers that we observe in our area.....right???? NOT what we see homeowners riding in their front yards.....right??? If you mean "consumer" dominating brands I'd probably have to change my earlier response:0)

ddbtdd

Threads
Here in the SE Suburbs of Cleveland I would say Scag is the most common commercial mower. Then maybe Exmark then a menagerie of anything else. Scag has done an excellent marketing the brand.
As homeowners, most have riding mowers but the ztrs I see near by are 1 Ariens, 1 Toro and 1 Husqvarna.

D

DSepe

Here in the SE Suburbs of Cleveland I would say Scag is the most common commercial mower. Then maybe Exmark then a menagerie of anything else. Scag has done an excellent marketing the brand. As homeowners, most have riding mowers but the ztrs I see near by are 1 Ariens, 1 Toro and 1 Husqvarna.

I'm seeing a lot of Gravely, Dixon, and JD residential but the bob-cat usage by pros here is crazy. Toro is basically non-existent because we have no dealers for them. Someone should pick them up in our area...same situation with exmark.