Murray ride on problem

Acprc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I hate to post questions as a first post but this seems to be the best place to help. My father in law has a Murray 10/30 ride on fitted with a Briggs&Stratton 10hp 28a707-0113-01 engine. Normally the unit is fine but a few days ago it suddenly stopped. Cranking the engine on the starter would not get the engine to fire again or indeed turn over. After charging the battery and trying again it was clear that the engine was seized or locked. At this point I found that the engine was low on oil. I removed the rear bodywork to get at the engine and removed the top shroud to get at the fan and flywheel. After turning the engine flywheel a bit we managed to free up the engine.

After rebuilding the bodywork the engine spins freely great on the starter. We have a good spark. Sadly though the engine will just not fire. It appears to be lacking fuel. The fuel system wasn't touched and was perfect before the engine stopped as the mower had been running for a good 15 mins. There is no obvious reason to understand the non start apart from an internal engine failure caused by the sudden stop.

Appreciate any help or tips anybody could give. The next step maybe a complete strip down to remove the engine head.

Thanks

Adam (UK)

jimmy3262

Threads
First thing I would do is run a compression test on it. If that checks out ok take air cleaner off and shot just a little starting fluid and see if it starts and runs for a few seconds

murray11hp

Forum Newbie
Threads
try spray start ya barstard or similar down the carby or a little fuel down the plug hole , if it starts then stops u no the carby need a clean

I have the same mower here in aus , I'm struggling to find a diagram of of how the belts go if anyone can help pls ??

cheers

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have just posted an answer to a question that is 5 years old.
The OP died in the 10' tall grass where he was eaten by a lion.
Now if you need to know something start a new thread with a bit of you problem in the headder.

Just out of curosity is that Florida Qld or Florida WA you are from ?

Threads
You have just posted an answer to a question that is 5 years old.
The OP died in the 10' tall grass where he was eaten by a lion.
Now if you need to know something start a new thread with a bit of you problem in the headder.

Just out of curosity is that Florida Qld or Florida WA you are from ?

I'm sorry, but I got got to LMAO at this Bert You are too Funny Mon Ami.........

When the guy was running from the LION he knelt down to pray.... Then everything got quiet... The guy opened his eyes and looked around.... The lion was kneeling down too.....

The guy said to the lion..... I didn't know lions prayed.... The lion said ...you praying , I'm saying grace ......... LOL...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm sorry, but I got got to LMAO at this Bert You are too Funny Mon Ami.........

When the guy was running from the LION he knelt down to pray.... Then everything got quiet... The guy opened his eyes and looked around.... The lion was kneeling down too.....

The guy said to the lion..... I didn't know lions prayed.... The lion said ...you praying , I'm saying grace ......... LOL...

Glad to provide the opertunity for you to spread some humour, and that was funny.