HRR2163TDA Carb problems.

ss12adidas14

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have replace and also had the carb replaced by authorized dealer a total of 4 times already this season. A few because it would leak after shutting off mower and now I shut off the fuel lines to the carb to fix that issue but now on the first time using it will run fine but the 2nd it starts up but after a few minutes of cutting starts to run rough again. I was told that there was a bad batch of carbs made and they have all been genuine honda parts but it seems like i have bought the whole bad batch. Serial number is mzcg-7218820. I love the mower but don't trust that i will be able to finish cutting my grass before it run rough and stalls out again all because of a $40 part. The place I have taken it to is about to tell me to trade it in for a toro because they keep warranting out carbs and not getting paid for the work. very frustrated

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have replace and also had the carb replaced by authorized dealer a total of 4 times already this season. A few because it would leak after shutting off mower and now I shut off the fuel lines to the carb to fix that issue but now on the first time using it will run fine but the 2nd it starts up but after a few minutes of cutting starts to run rough again. I was told that there was a bad batch of carbs made and they have all been genuine honda parts but it seems like i have bought the whole bad batch. Serial number is mzcg-7218820. I love the mower but don't trust that i will be able to finish cutting my grass before it run rough and stalls out again all because of a $40 part. The place I have taken it to is about to tell me to trade it in for a toro because they keep warranting out carbs and not getting paid for the work. very frustrated

No such thing as a bad batch of Honda carbs. I work for Honda can tell you that for sure. If there were a "bad batch," Honda would issue a Service Bulletin to address the problem, and there is not a bulletin for failed carbs for this model.

If the dealer is filing a warranty claim with Honda for a replacement carburetor, and NOT getting paid, it is because the carb probably isn't "bad" but just needs cleaning. Honda won't pay for a new carb if the old one is just dirty or clogged, the dealer should know that.

It really sounds like the dealer does not know how to repair your mower correctly. I'd suggest finding another dealer:

Find A Honda Dealer