Craftsman Grass Bagger for 42" deck...

sillyboy

Threads
Hello all,

Looking for a grass bagger (soft 2 bin) for my 1999 Craftsman 42" deck. Most of the info I see is that the bagger is for models that start with this #247.xxxxx.

My model rider starts with #917.xxxxx.

Is there any real difference between the 247 and the 917? Seems that these mower decks have been the same for ages, and the same decks are on all kinds of different brands. Just different colors.

Thanks

Loakleyi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

Looking for a grass bagger (soft 2 bin) for my 1999 Craftsman 42" deck. Most of the info I see is that the bagger is for models that start with this #247.xxxxx.

Is there any real difference between the 247 and the 917? Seems that these mower decks have been the same for ages, and the same decks are on all kinds of different brands. Just different colors.

Thanks

I've got the same issue. I wonder if the 247 models have a larger engine. Seems the issue would be getting the clippings/ leaves to rise up into the bags. I know some leaf baggars ( pull behind Cyclone brand) have a seperate assist motor for this function.

Thanks,
Lin

Thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I need the entire model number to find one that will work.

michiganmike

Threads
Hello all,

Thanks

I'm surprised no one has replied to this question,since it was posted in June.
The first three numbers of the long model number indicate the Manufacturer of your Unit. 247 is manufactured by MTD and 917 is Manufactured by Husqvarna (HOP). Totally different decks and grass outlet openings, so yes you need a specific bagger for your 917.XXXXX

normanthums

Threads
Hello all,

Thanks

I advise finding the hard plastic bins. They are much easier to dump because they are tapered so the opening is bigger than bottom so it slides out easily. Soft bags expand as they are filled and pack slightly as they fill. This results in the massive grass wad being bigger than the top opening. PIA sometimes to dump.