17.5 HP LT1000 won't start after I rebuilt Nikki carburetor

mccarlson

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 17.5 HP LT1000 won't start after I rebuilt Nikki carburetor
Hello all,

I just rebuilt the Nikki carburetor on my LT1000, reinstalled it and now can't start the mower. It turns over, is getting gas in the bowl but won't start. I've already changed the ignition coil(did that to solve another problem). Not sure what to do next. What other information do I need to provide to better trouble shoot?

Thanks in advance,

Malcolm

mccarlson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update:

I verified that I have spark. I then took the carburetor off and looked for anything obvious but I don't have any instructions so I don't know what to look for exactly.

I tried start fluid and it fired up so the motor must not be getting gas. The gas is in the bowl of the carb but not getting any further? Is there a schematic for this carb? I tried the briggs and stratton website but there was no detailed schematic of the carb to go by, just a parts list with some pictures but not an exploded view. Not sure where to go from here.

The B&S motor is model 31C707, type 0230E1

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am assuming at this point that the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the carb isn't working. Do you hear a click when you turn the key to the on position. No click no fuel.

mccarlson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Success! It ended up being the tiny plunger like hntrsr mentioned. I actually had it on top of the float assembly instead of inside plastic tube that the fuel tube slips into. As soon as I put it in the correct place, the motor started right up. I learned a lot from this rebuild and the link to the nikki carb rebuild really helped.

Thanks,

Malcolm