Honda HRR216 Govenor Linkage Help

Jarhead

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I recently had to remove and clean the carburetor on my Honda HRR216 mower due to it getting gummed up from sitting. I got it all clean-up and it will start and run while choked, but it dies if I take it off choke. I think I err'd in reassembly with the various springs. Can anyone post or link the proper spring locations so I can avoid having to take it in?

Thanks in advance!

Mowerman99

Forum Newbie
Threads
CHances are, You didn't get the carb clean enough. It's a slim chance that the linkage is causing the engine to shut down after the choke is removed...

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mowerman99 is probably correct; "dies when you take it off CHOKE" is a classic symptom of a fuel delivery problem, generally running too lean. Keeping the choke on reduces the air flow to match the reduced amount of fuel flowing. With the choke OFF, the engine gets too much air / not enough fuel and will sputter and die or run poorly.

Look on the back of the mower deck for the frame serial number; I can share some troubleshooting tips, and get you a part number and price for a new carburetor. Many of them are under $25 list price, and it can often be faster/easier and far less frustrating to replace rather than clean.

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg